X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

DC Universe #0: The big spoiler

Don't read this if you don't want to know.

Scroll down

Apparently, Barry Allen is back.

Now, I'm a big Flash fan. I like Barry. BUT, thanks to Waid and Johns, I REALLY like Wally. He actually grew into the role of the Flash and was accepted as such. Barry seemed to work better as the Patron Saint of the DCU. Plus his return now is dulled by the whole "Bart is Flash! No, he's dead! Wally's back!" thing from last year. I'm kind of interested on where they are going with this, but I'm not sure. I'd feel better if it was just Johns at the helm. Morrisson's been off his game lately, IMHO.

And obviously, DC has been pointing to this for some time. And there have been hard rumors that it was coming in Final Crisis. I guess he just got he early. He is the Flash afterall.

But this officially tears it: NO ONE stays dead in comics. Look for Jor-El, Lara, the Waynes, and Uncle Ben to be joining the JLA and Avengers soon.

Comic Book Resources > CBR News: The Biggest SPOILER Ever

Chris
    sigpic
  • aquatroy
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 28, 2002

There was some rumbling about Barry being the leader of the Black Lanterns. However, I can't remember if this was "official" or just fan boy speculation.

OK. I went a read the short article. Ummm, just because he's coming back doesn't mean that he's staying around. This could be a resurrection for the story arc. I do like the JG Jones image.

Last edited by aquatroy; Apr 30, '08, 2:24 PM.
    Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, he's been brought back before. But with the current "bring 'em back and leave 'em back" trend, I'd say he's back for the long haul.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

How could Barry Be the leader of the Black Lanterns ? I was under the impression it was going to be BlackHand. I am a bit Confused as far as Barry's status is Concerned. He's not Dead Is he ? ... Even before this #0 Book,.. I thought he was lost in somesorta Speed Time Continuim or something & wasn't dead, but just not in the present DC Universe. Maybe I miss understood something...
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

They play fast and loose with Barry's status. Technically he isn't "dead" but is one with the Speed Force, and until now, it was indicated that he couldn't fully return. If you skirt the Speed Force you can see him (like we saw him and Johnny Quick in Infinite Crisis) but he couldn't re-enter the land of the living from that point. Barry appeared in the present in the Flash twice to help Wally, but he came from a time before he entered the Speed Force. This may be the third time, but it may also be the charm...

For all things Flash, this is the ONLY place to go online:

Wheres Barry?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

So they bring back Barry and waste Jonn?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Maybe someone at DC finally had a talk with Marv Wolfman and he finally spilled the beans on how to bring Barry back.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Well Wolfman revealed that his way to bring Barry back was to pluck him seconds before he died and saved the universe. That way he'd always have to go back to his fate, and he'd literally be running on borrowed time. It so simple and poetic. Why no one has done it before now is beyond me. Too bad they actually made Wally a good character. Having Barry come back now seems kind of pointless. I hope they prove me wrong.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Yea!! Bring back Barry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• jds1911a1
                    Alan Scott is the best GL
                    • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    Well Wolfman revealed that his way to bring Barry back was to pluck him seconds before he died and saved the universe. That way he'd always have to go back to his fate, and he'd literally be running on borrowed time. It so simple and poetic. Why no one has done it before now is beyond me. Too bad they actually made Wally a good character. Having Barry come back now seems kind of pointless. I hope they prove me wrong.

Chris
                    It's what they did with Rex Tyler in JSA and it was a great gimick

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

It's what they did with Rex Tyler in JSA and it was a great gimick
                      Yeah, you're right. I'd forgotten about that. Of course they did have the android Hourman take the real Rex's place, so now he's safe, and doesn't have to go back to die.

I got the Zero issue this weekend, and I gotta say, it's pretty vague. Not the "hard return" I expected from the press. Could be another red herring, like when Zoom thought he was Barry.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

I was expecting a little more with this issue than what I got, especially with Morrison and Johns co-writing. Plus, I'd have preferred the art to have been handled by one consistant artist. This sort of reminded me of the old "DC Sampler" from the 80s made up of house ads for upcoming books...

I've always wanted the Barry Allen Flash to come back but I'm not so sure now he'd fit in today's DCU.
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Something they should do if they wind up keeping all of these Earths is the following:have one for the Golden Age heroes,have one for the Silver Age heroes and one for the Modern Age.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                            Alan Scott is the best GL
                            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            Yeah, you're right. I'd forgotten about that. Of course they did have the android Hourman take the real Rex's place, so now he's safe, and doesn't have to go back to die.

I got the Zero issue this weekend, and I gotta say, it's pretty vague. Not the "hard return" I expected from the press. Could be another red herring, like when Zoom thought he was Barry.

Chris
                            That was actually an inspired storyline it sure hooked me in. At this point I really hope that's what this is. It's been 24 years since Barry saved the universe in Crisis. Unless Dc is going to restore the pre crisis multi-verse I am of the school to let Barry stay a tragic hero

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Something they should do if they wind up keeping all of these Earths is the following:have one for the Golden Age heroes,have one for the Silver Age heroes and one for the Modern Age.
                              That is way too simple. It would never work!

Seriously, if DC had just shifted things from Earth 1 to a new Earth (like Marvel's Ultimate line) we wouldn't be having all these continuity headaches right now!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎