PDA

View Full Version : CTVT Super Knights

Action Martin
Apr 30, '08, 5:30 AM
Quick question, are the suits of armor removable from CTVT's Super Knights without damaging the armor?

ScottA
Apr 30, '08, 8:15 AM
No. They are glued. But you might be able to do it if you try hard enough.

megomaniac
Apr 30, '08, 8:35 AM
The glue can be brittle and easily snapped tho. On my set the armor is loose on one of the figures due to weak glueing. Yes, if you try hard enough and gently enough, I believe you could remove the armor without damage. Do note that CTVT tends to put "CTVT" in rather obvious places on each piece.

Merlyn1976
Apr 30, '08, 10:52 AM
I got it off (with it intact) by slowing working a razor blade through the seams...

megocrazy
Apr 30, '08, 4:41 PM
I got it off (with it intact) by slowing working a razor blade through the seams...

Mine came off without issue also. It separated easily, and I use the belt and shoulder plates to hold it all together on the new figure. No glue needed and Displays nicely.

Action Martin
May 1, '08, 5:13 PM
So if the armor needs to be cut open then it isn't able to be "snapped" back on.

AcroRay
May 2, '08, 8:40 AM
I'm glad someone brought this up, since I'd just assumed they'd be removable - which would have been an unpleasant surprise as I'd planned on getting a couple and putting them on EMCE bodies.

megocrazy
May 2, '08, 11:54 AM
So if the armor needs to be cut open then it isn't able to be "snapped" back on.

The originals don't snap on and off either. They are glued and have to be separated too. The CTVT are easy to separate. Mine came right apart with little effort.

Action Martin
May 2, '08, 4:57 PM
I'm glad someone brought this up, since I'd just assumed they'd be removable - which would have been an unpleasant surprise as I'd planned on getting a couple and putting them on EMCE bodies.

That was my plan as well. But if the armor isn't able to snapped back in place I am leary of buying a set.