X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennermike
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 4, 2007

Batman Heroes accesories 12inch figure

can someone give me some info on this item I have never even seen one till now.Toystalker from europe was selling them in the megomarkettplace when did they come out
  • toystalker
    none
    • Mar 27, 2008

its all a bit of a mystery, which for me makes it all the more exiting

we had a bit of a discussion about it already, there are pics of other hero accessories also

Heroes Accessories! Forever Hunt! - Mego Talk

other than me, neutron x seems to be one of the others who knows a bit about them. he was equaly as delighted when i turned up here with some

it is well documented that when mego went under there was piles of inventory left over clothing and accessories, these were sold off to bootleg bargain store unbranded toy makers... knockoffs began turning up in pound and dime stores, kids on a budget could now afford to own there favourite super hero action doll, but the doll was never going to be the same quality as mego... but the clothing is , the doll is the cheaply made blown plastic fly away type plastic, in a strong wind i actualy belive you could see superman flying by the window

these made in hong kong... or so it says on the packaging

they are pretty cool though

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Basicly Back in the early 1980s Hong Kong Toy warehouses had old unused toy stock from Ideal, Kenner, Mego, and possible Gilbert Toys. The stock was bought up and repackaged with accessoires on a hollow blown figure for distribution for the Asian market as Heroes Accessoires but managed to get some UK and Canada distribution.

I have also seen Bionic Woman clothes on another Hollow blown Male figure MIP this could be from a different company not really sure. It's like the rare Planet of Apes uniforms on 12in. Hollow blown female dolls. It's a fun mystery to figure out!

Comment

• toystalker
        none
        • Mar 27, 2008

before the 80's it goes back just a little further than that...

on a sunny day in may, 1973 and child was born, named david (me)... he was a poor kid but he was well brought up and very well loved by his family, he did not have any of these awsome super hero toys as a child and went without because he was in a family of 5 kids and had a disabled mum, he resented not having all the cool toys that the other kids bragged about having and hid at christmas time from friends when they came knocking to show off there latest electronics games, shinny bmx bikes or action figures and dolls... he went without but he had fun times with his brothers and sisters and appriciated the love his mum gave, that was better than any toy.

but then around age 14 something strange happened... david left school and went to work for the family run business, at the end of the week his grandfather handed him over his wages... £30... he would give half to his mum and would go spend the rest at car boot sales and fairs... he would come home with bags full of toys, action figures, dolls and teddy bears, all the types of things he didnt have as a child... he continued to buy toys and his friends and family began to think he had gone mad! but he carried on snapping up all the star wars action figures and space ships he could find at the boot sales... then by the time he was 18... he had a toy collection that almost filled the house, during this time david was learning to drive, he decided at that time in his life that he would give some of his attention to women and cars, he sold his entire collection of toys and bought himself his 1st car... a bmw now who is the mad 1 he used to say to himself cruising down the street in his shinny beemer.
        continiuing to work hard he decided to start another collection, this time it was not so easy, the prices he used to pay for toys those days had gone, now things were more expensive, as folks had seen old toys on antiques roadshow and realised there was money to be earned and everyone saw it and put there prices up... by now there also seemed to be a bit of a shortage of toys around to collect and keep, so he decided to go in search...

toystalker the world famous toy seeker was born, he then went in search of toys on a larger scale...worldwide!, went talking to owners of factorys, asking to go and look at old unsold stock, he got turned away many many times but he never gave up, on many occasions he was successful in talking to liquidators and companys that had gone out of business and was sitting on old stock for many years, the toystalker had bought up this stock and transfered it to his secret hideout location... over the years he built up a large selection of unsold factory fresh items from all over the world like, wales, england, ireland, scotland, spain, greece, turkey, kos, gibraltar, he now spends his spare time going through some of the stock... after a few hours of searching he opens a box like he had done hundreds of times before but low and behold this is a good box...inside beaming up at him from the once darkness of the inside of a cardboard coffin was a factory fresh box of unbranded heroes accessories the likes of spiderman, batman, superman, robin and more... he goes insearch of mego inventory information and finds the mego museum... the rest is history

the toystalker keeps a set of heroes for himself and offers the good folks at mego museum the rest... the box is now empty but he has many other boxes left unopened and so the toystalking continues... maybe he wont find any more maybe he will... but every box is a delight

to be continued
        Last edited by toystalker; Apr 30, '08, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• AAAAA
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 28, 2005

The extra captian Action Items were sold early 70's to a Hong kong toy company, to sell in the aisan market only,To aviod those pesky copyright laws here in the states
          Ideal needing cash , because of the Launching of a 12 figure for a small toy company(it only 6 or 7 largest in the nation at the time.its wearhouse was also so it main office in Queens.)
          Around 1968 Ideal sold off Most of its Battle Matic ,battle action Molds to Tim mee Toys,
          some of these like the Self propelled gun and M47 TANK have many different variations.to include Orange and white.
          Last edited by AAAAA; Apr 30, '08, 8:19 PM.

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

AAAAA-Thanks for the information. On toy lines like this it is so hard to gather information. Is this the reason there are 2 different runs of Heroes Accesories? 1st run came out in early 1970's and the 2nd run came out late 1970's to early 1980s? Not sure if this makes good sense. With 1st issue HA Flash Gordon I bought I recieved HA Captain Action figure with cap, belt, and regular boots with no cape could be first run HA CA?

Ideal isn't the first company to sell off factory leftovers. Italy's Polistil shipped leftover Gijoe items wich ended up in South America.

Any other unknown Hero Accessories figures you know of?

Have any Heroes Accessoires Asian released cards ever shown up? I am just wondering if there is any packaging with Chinese/Japanese/Korean ect writing on the package.

Toystalker-THANK YOU recieved HA BATMAN and am Very Happpy!

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

Toystalker,
              I think many people collect or deal with toys for many different reasons. I don't think it's uncommon for those of us who grew up poor to collect. I myself got to go to K-mart about once a week on Saturday but not buy anything. So I know what I saw week after week on sale there and the memories are very strong.
              Having a couple of shelves filled with toys makes me smile. As long as it doesn't get out of hand and effect my family it's all good! When times have gotten tough I have sold it all too. Of course started over again when things were better.

Comment

• toystalker
                none
                • Mar 27, 2008

yeah i dont want to come off like i didnt have a bean, but i didnt have the popular stuff, id have last years model, im still a bit like that now lol, i still play my ps2 haha most of my mates got the ps3 now... ill always be slow to catch up

these days though, i collect everything, im mr retro

i got vintage bmx's, only 4 so far but its an expensive hobby

vintage clothing collection

and my toys

even my car is a 1996 bmw lol

i love everything vintage, but yeah ive had to sell up time and time again... hopefully no more, im hoping them days are gone, they do remind me of old times when we had nothing, but i wont put my kids or family through that, ill sell a toy and spend it on my daughters without doubt.
                bit of a credit crunch on right now it seems but im hanging in there lol, ive over spent last month big time, ill have to tighten my belt this month for sure, the way fuel prices and mortage rates are going ill have no money for stock anyway

Comment

• AAAAA
                  Permanent Member
                  • Oct 28, 2005

They just throwing parts together itpossible in the begining that they purchased whole carded sets (no Box) with the loose parts,also possible they purchased other left over merchantdice from other companies,Remenber Hasbro and Ideal used the same clothing manufacturer,that produced tammy ,G.IJoe, captain Action outfits,
                  at the end whatever they had left, went on the figures.so you'll get a Variety Of varations.
                  Last edited by AAAAA; May 3, '08, 7:19 PM.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                    MeGoing
                    • May 14, 2003

Great story David!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡