X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

What 12" DC Heroes do you want to see?

With the epic announcement that they're moving to 1/6th scale, what heroes are on your want list?

Me, Aquaman and Shazam come to mind. Hopefully, they try to go for the design aesthetic Mego did.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Apache Chief and Giganta are no brainers. I wonder if they are going to go both ways on this, retro and more detailed modern to try to dip into the huge 1/6th market. That would require a better body, tho.
    Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 6, '18, 10:27 AM.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• rlkrefft
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 14, 2010

Is there a 12” fat body for Penguin? Are the 12” females bodies as awful and junky as the 8” female bodies? I’d buy 1966 12” (at least the three heroes and the 4 big villains) not sure I’d want old 8” Mego in 8” form, but if they are updated like purple dress Catwoman, then maybe.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Aquaman and Shazam! absolutely. Green Arrow, Flash, and Green Lantern. Foes and Gals. Oh, the mind boggles. I'd like a Retro vibe, and Aquaman most of all.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

Reissues of all original Mego 12" DC Wonder Woman TV, Superman movie, magnetic Batman and Robin.

Would not mind 12" versions of original Mego 8".

I really want new updated detailed heads and costumes Neal Adams Batman, Curt Swan Superman, Perez Wonder Woman, Bolland Joker, etc.

FTC 12" DC Megos have been 5 years coming. A dream come true!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

I'm imagining they might scale up the 8" figures and in that case, I say The Riddler.

I guess going for nostalgia as far as style goes would be the smart move. I really can't see FTC competing with Hot Toys, for example.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              I guess going for nostalgia as far as style goes would be the smart move. I really can't see FTC competing with Hot Toys, for example.
              I've long thought that FTC should have been exploiting resized 12" sculpts for their regular figures. I hope they repro existing sculpts for their 1/6 offerings.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                I've long thought that FTC should have been exploiting resized 12" sculpts for their regular figures. I hope they repro existing sculpts for their 1/6 offerings.
                You see I want them to copy the design of the original 12" line, different, slightly more lifelike sculpts, please.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                  The Man of Many Voices
                  • Aug 30, 2005

12 inch AQUAMAN!!! PLEASE!!! This is the year of Aquaman with his standalone movie coming out in December. I always wanted a classic Aquaman in 12 inch to accompany the rest of the Super Friends. Also, magnetic Batman and Robin, Even if they can't do the magnetic part, at least replicate the head sculpts and the muscular bodies for Batman and Superman, and hopefully use that for Aquaman or Shazam. In 12 inch form, I want Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman. The Super Friends!!! Whether it's the authentic cartoon versions or the classic Mego renditions of those five. 12 inch AQUAMAN!!!!!! On a side note, I hope they can make 12 inch bodysuits and shorts as I would like to place blue shorts on Batman.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
                    You see I want them to copy the design of the original 12" line, different, slightly more lifelike sculpts, please.
                    That's what I would like to see as well, hopefully they don't take the lazy way out and just resize the 8" sculpts. Of course, if these are like the recent KISS 12" figures, they are going to cost an arm and a leg, so I won't be buying them anyway.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                      I think we're agreeing with each other? I like the 12" heads, I would have liked them in 1/9 for some FTC offerings, too.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I'd love a 12" Aparo Aquaman with the wavy Buster Crabbe hair.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

First, I'd prefer totally different head sculpts and very similar (but not exact) outfits just like Mego did.
                          As far as who, my top three would be Aquaman (without Spock ears), Shazam (newer version) and Joker!
                          Riddler would have been my first choice but I have a custom one already.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

It's interesting. I'm not a big fan of any of the Mego Batman sculpts, but a rescaled 8" would be most appealing to me. Same with Superman. However, I would rather see a new sculpt for Aquaman.

Speaking of scaling the 12" to 8", I really would like to see the extra muscular 12" body scaled down. 8" magnetic Batman and Robin would be really cool.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 26, 2009

Wonder Woman is my most wanted 12" female. I still have the Mego 12" WW painted top and would love a reissue of her but I doubt FTC would use that body. But still her over a 12" version of 8" PJs WW. I want a NEW Perez inspired 12" WW, too!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎