Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbie
    • Jun 2, 2007

MEGO 1971 MYSTERY MAN Figure

Hello! I just came across this 1971 MEGO figure and some nice ebayer at their boards directed me to this site and was also able to identify my figure as the 1971 MEGO MYSTERY MAN. My questions are: Does anyone at all know what the value of this man is? Have any ever sold anywhere that I can get an idea of his value? Any information would be very helpful. ALSO: Should I be posting this question on a different forum? Thank you!!
  • luey
    Treasure Hunter
    • Jun 17, 2001

With helmet it should bring $150-225
    without helmet $50-100

Rough guestimate
    Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Luey is pretty mcu right on th mark. Last one I saw go w/o the helmet was for $75.

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Yeah, these go periodically and those prices mentioned above are pretty accurate.

As for the forum, usually questions on a specific figure will go in Megofact, but often value questions end up in Megobuzz.

Congrats on a nice figure!

Comment

• Barbie
          • Jun 2, 2007

Thank you!

Thank you everyone! You have been very helpful. Maybe I can find his helmut and boots somewhere? A great day to you all!

Comment

• hobub
            Ghost of a Dead Indian
            • Jun 18, 2001

The boots are standard white action Jackson boots, very easy to find. The helmet is nearly impossible.

Comment

• TheCollector07
              • Jun 2, 2007

I can't tell you the value of the Mego Mystery Man, BUT...I do know who-and-what he was! He was a generic astronaut for Mego's early Planet of the Apes play set. His value may be increased because he was part of the Planet of the Apes line-up. You never know.

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by TheCollector07
                I can't tell you the value of the Mego Mystery Man, BUT...I do know who-and-what he was! He was a generic astronaut for Mego's early Planet of the Apes play set. His value may be increased because he was part of the Planet of the Apes line-up. You never know.

Welcome and by all means, please elaborate on this.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Yes,please do. We would love to know if you've got any thing to prove it,such as paperwork or what not.

Comment

• mego boy CA
                    megos are FUN!!
                    • Mar 30, 2006

???????
                    sigpic
                    "To The Batmobile!"
                    "We Haven't A Moment To Lose!"

Comment

• MegoNinja
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 7, 2007

this could be a most vital bit of information, please make a new thread about it so it can be openly discussed
                      I the Monster Hero

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

That's news to me... The Astronaut shown on my "early" POTA playset is an Action Jackson, not this figure... The "Mystery Man" is not an APES figure...

Comment

• apes3978
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by MegoNinja
                          this could be a most vital bit of information, please make a new thread about it so it can be openly discussed
                          That "information" is either made up or they are mistaken...

I don't believe any theories that haven't been around for years... Now if say ABMAC had suggested this, I'd maybe believe it... He's been around the block a few times and knows his stuff... But for a newbie to just suddenly drop a bombshell like that, I find it hard to swallow...

Oh yeah... The One Million BC figures were originally intended to be the savage humans from PLANET and BENEATH... Their values may go thru the roof now because of this, you never know...

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

I wonder where TheCollector07 went?

That claim of this figure being from the APES line, all the people asking where that "info" came from, and now no sign of that newbie... I figured it was all a lie, probably made up to jack the price on the figure he/she may own....

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by apes3978
                              That "information" is either made up or they are mistaken...

I don't believe any theories that haven't been around for years... Now if say ABMAC had suggested this, I'd maybe believe it... He's been around the block a few times and knows his stuff... But for a newbie to just suddenly drop a bombshell like that, I find it hard to swallow...

Oh yeah... The One Million BC figures were originally intended to be the savage humans from PLANET and BENEATH... Their values may go thru the roof now because of this, you never know...
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎