PDA

View Full Version : Projected Dates for MegoMeet 2018...?

WannabeMego
Dec 11, '17, 10:26 AM
I'm submitting My Personal Leave for 2018 at work...Does anyone know what the Projected Dates for MegoMeet 2018 are?

palitoy
Dec 11, '17, 11:45 AM
No official dates are available but happy to report that Mr. Steve is scouting locations right now.

WannabeMego
Dec 11, '17, 1:54 PM
K...Thanx Brian.

I hope the Dates are NOT June 21st-24th because I know I will not be available :(

Good Luck Steve!!! Looking forward to the New Venue :)

Bronxboykev
Dec 15, '17, 1:43 PM
Patiently Awaiting as well, it won't be Mego Meet without the Ligotties lets shoot for the weekend before!!!

jimbutsu
Dec 18, '17, 5:08 PM
My projected date was Bill, but I don't know if either one of us will ever actually make it to a Meet...

SWDAVE
Jan 1, '18, 10:20 AM
Some where close to Ohio would be much appreciated! Never been and would love to attend!

darklord1967
Jan 2, '18, 7:06 PM
lurking... lurking... lurking...

cjefferys
Jan 4, '18, 2:27 PM
My projected date was Bill, but I don't know if either one of us will ever actually make it to a Meet...

If your love for each other is strong enough, it will happen!

Bronxboykev
Jan 8, '18, 3:45 PM
Brotha Steve People are submitting Vacation slips left and right at work here, Get us Date PLEASE :)

PNGwynne
Jan 8, '18, 5:29 PM
I'm hoping to make this year my first full-length meet--hoping to hear soon of dates and venue. :grin:

EMCE Hammer
Jan 8, '18, 6:30 PM
I'm working on it guys. I know it's a results business so if I get replaced I totally understand.

PNGwynne
Jan 8, '18, 6:41 PM
No chops-busting intended, just anxious.

pmwasson
Jan 9, '18, 12:21 AM
I'll be there whenever and wherever!

VintageMike
Jan 11, '18, 9:59 PM
Vacation submissions coming in fast at my job too. But my Meet time is well-known enough June is usually left alone until I submit mine.

cjefferys
Jan 14, '18, 9:16 PM
I'm working on it guys. I know it's a results business so if I get replaced I totally understand.

Clean out your locker!

Looking forward to finally attending my second Meet, whenever it ends up being.

EMCE Hammer
Jan 15, '18, 10:49 AM
I know you guys are anxious, but keep in mind there have been years when I didn't have !$#@! together until March. I don't have a signed contract yet, so I'm not comfortable releasing a date. New city, new venue - I don't want to hose anyone on making plans and then have something fall through and be forced to change dates. This is the first time I have actually had the luxury of touring a facility before committing, and I'm taking advantage of it. The downside is that the last couple of months have been unexpectedly busy and I'm not as far along as I would have liked. The crazy weather hasn't helped at all. All I can say is stay tuned:-)

BATMAN89
Jan 15, '18, 3:15 PM
:please_y::please_y::please_y::please_y::please_y: :please_y::please_y::please_y::please_y::please_y: :please_y::please_y:

dcohendmd
Jan 17, '18, 5:30 PM
I hope it's in the northeast this year! Or a destination with cheap flights like Las Vegas or Orlando!

darklord1967
Jan 19, '18, 2:48 AM
I know you guys are anxious, but keep in mind there have been years when I didn't have !$#@! together until March. I don't have a signed contract yet, so I'm not comfortable releasing a date. New city, new venue - I don't want to hose anyone on making plans and then have something fall through and be forced to change dates. This is the first time I have actually had the luxury of touring a facility before committing, and I'm taking advantage of it. The downside is that the last couple of months have been unexpectedly busy and I'm not as far along as I would have liked. The crazy weather hasn't helped at all. All I can say is stay tuned:-)

You take all the time you need to establish the optimal date and venue for the 2018 meet!

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we are all as anxious as we are because you have done such a stellar job in previous years of putting together such an awesome event! And itís something we all REALLY look forward to!

While we totally understand that announcing dates for this yearís meet is not possible at the moment, I was wondering if you could perhaps clue us in on what city the meet is likely to happen in. Speaking for myself I am only asking as a means to begin calculating UPS ground shipping costs for all of my diorama displays like I did last year.

Of course, if even a tentative announcement for the location of this yearís meet is not possible at this juncture, I will totally understand. I will then happily close my pie hole, go sit in the corner, and wait patiently like everyone else. 😁

Tony1970
Jan 22, '18, 10:51 PM
I've been wanting to go to an event like this, I've been lurking for a while and I'm just amazed at the talent in this forum with customizing and being disappointed in all the figures Mego made that I didn't have!

Anyway, I do hope I can finally make one of these and marvel at everything and meet some people that can stand up and say "I collect action figures"

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 24, '18, 2:12 PM
I'm hoping to make it again this year. Trying to make vacation plans and it looks like I may have a window open if it's around the usual time.

Chris

argent007
Jan 28, '18, 5:09 PM
Last year was my first Meet. I really enjoyed the event, especially seeing all of the amazing items in the auction (and winning Stilt Man)! I'm hoping to attend again this year. Thanks to everyone who makes it happen each year.

mikeMc6
Feb 16, '18, 5:47 PM
Curious as well!

pmwasson
Feb 16, '18, 6:12 PM
Last year was my first Meet. I really enjoyed the event, especially seeing all of the amazing items in the auction (and winning Stilt Man)! I'm hoping to attend again this year. Thanks to everyone who makes it happen each year.

Woohoo Stilt-Man!

spiderman67
Feb 17, '18, 8:22 PM
I would love to attend a Mego meet,I have never been to one.Hopefully it will be in a central location of the country.That could attract alot more people including me!!

EMCE Hammer
Mar 3, '18, 9:28 AM
It's official - Mego Meet 2018 will be held in Columbus OH on June 1-2. More to come next week .

PNGwynne
Mar 3, '18, 9:34 AM
Yippeee!!!

Bronxboykev
Mar 3, '18, 11:18 AM
Hollaaaaaa

ScottA
Mar 3, '18, 1:03 PM
I'm so in!!

darklord1967
Mar 3, '18, 5:34 PM
Hip hip HOORAY!!!!!

SWDAVE
Mar 3, '18, 8:17 PM
My first Mego Meet!! Awesome!!

cjefferys
Mar 3, '18, 9:16 PM
Very cool, I'll plan a few days off from work around that!

Flynne
Mar 3, '18, 10:25 PM
Well, I'm in then. :)

BATMAN89
Mar 3, '18, 11:40 PM
Well my son will be out of school that Friday, but not my daughter.

MRP
Mar 4, '18, 12:50 AM
Oh wow, Columbus is only 45 minutes away, I might be able to make it for one of the days this year.

-M

pgiii
Mar 4, '18, 6:51 AM
Unfortunately, I couldn't wait any longer and booked my family vacation last week for Memorial Day week and the following. So, I'll be missing the event after joining the forum at the end of last year. One of my main objectives for joining was to attend the annual Mego Meets. Oh well, nobody on the forum knows me yet anyway so I guess one more year wouldn't hurt.

cjefferys
Mar 4, '18, 5:06 PM
Well, I'm in then. :)

In like Flynne? :wink:

justzeg18
Mar 4, '18, 11:17 PM
Stoked.

Grimjohn
Mar 5, '18, 5:07 AM
Woot-woot!!! Cindy and I will be there.

EMCE Hammer
Mar 5, '18, 9:04 AM
Woot-woot!!! Cindy and I will be there.

I will be sure to introduce you to any new people as "This is, uh, Jerry and Cathy."

Brue
Mar 5, '18, 6:18 PM
Woo Hoo! I can definitely make the drive from Columbus to Columbus.

VintageMike
Mar 5, '18, 6:52 PM
Put in for my vacation days. Will probably go back to driving as the issue with driving to Chicago wa sit being multiple days and day 2 from Ohio to Chicago being especially bad.

pmwasson
Mar 5, '18, 7:13 PM
Woo Hoo! I can definitely make the drive from Columbus to Columbus.

I'm hoping the Jokermobile will make an appearance!

Grimjohn
Mar 5, '18, 7:52 PM
I will be sure to introduce you to any new people as "This is, uh, Jerry and Cathy."

We'll add those names to our list of aliases, although we enjoyed being "Pierre and Fifi" last year. :wink:

Brue
Mar 5, '18, 8:15 PM
Unfortunately, I couldn't wait any longer and booked my family vacation last week for Memorial Day week and the following. So, I'll be missing the event after joining the forum at the end of last year. One of my main objectives for joining was to attend the annual Mego Meets. Oh well, nobody on the forum knows me yet anyway so I guess one more year wouldn't hurt.

I'll look forward to meeting you in 2019. have a good vacation.

Brue
Mar 5, '18, 8:21 PM
I'm hoping the Jokermobile will make an appearance!

I don't drive it over 200 miles from my house. The furthest point in Columbus is 15 miles, so there is a strong possibility.

PNGwynne
Mar 5, '18, 8:33 PM
I don't drive it over 200 miles from my house. The furthest point in Columbus is 15 miles, so there is a strong possibility.

I'm fishing for a photo op--I'm bringing the morning dress and topper.

EMCE Hammer
Mar 5, '18, 10:20 PM

You totally need to park it in front of the hotel.

The Re-Rooter
Mar 6, '18, 12:18 PM
I Would LOVE to go again this year but it doesn't look like we can do it financially at this point. :/
This year we finish paying off our son's braces (FINALLY) and this really high interest loan so by August we free up like $800 a month.
2018 is kind of our boring year to pay stuff back and get out house in order so we can have fun again lol

-Diana

Bronxboykev
Mar 7, '18, 11:40 AM
Bummer hope things change in the next couple of months was nice having you guys there

I Would LOVE to go again this year but it doesn't look like we can do it financially at this point. :/
This year we finish paying off our son's braces (FINALLY) and this really high interest loan so by August we free up like $800 a month.
2018 is kind of our boring year to pay stuff back and get out house in order so we can have fun again lol

-Diana

darklord1967
Mar 8, '18, 3:08 AM

-Diana

Noooooooooooooooooooo...

Grimjohn
Mar 8, '18, 5:51 PM

-Diana

:cry::cry::cry:

samurainoir
Mar 12, '18, 2:08 PM
i'm hoping the jokermobile will make an appearance!

shotgun!

samurainoir
Mar 12, '18, 2:10 PM
Very cool, I'll plan a few days off from work around that!

Glad I didn't book Niagara Comic Con after all! 8)

cjefferys
Mar 12, '18, 4:28 PM
Glad I didn't book Niagara Comic Con after all! 8)

I was thinking that too, it worked out well!