X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Classic TV Toys boxes

Are the coffin boxes that the CTVT Robin, Super Knights, etc. come in EXACT repros of the original Mego boxes or are they labelled as "CTVT" or something?
    Scott
  • miguet
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 11, 2007

Based on the images on CTVT websites, their boxes appear to be about the same as the original Mego boxes but not exact repros. CTVT replaced the Mego logo with their logo and the color on the boxes seem a little different. I'm still waiting on my order of Robin Hood, Super Knights etc to be able to confirm it.

Comment

• z3zep
      The Girl Next Door
      • Sep 30, 2006

They are definitely labeled CTVTs

Comment

• Action Martin
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 30, 2007

Thanks guys. I've been debating about whether or not to order the Robin Hood and Super Knights figures loose or boxed. An exact repro would have sealed the deal for me.
        Scott

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

There are other differences. The pictures of the Knights on the back are done by CTVT instead of the Mego pictures (although the mego pictures are retained on for the cameos on the side of the box) and there is a different font used for the character name. The Pirate and Robin hood boxes have minor typesetting and other differences besides being labeled CTVT. I know about this because I used the Robin Hood boxes to complete Mego labeled repro boxes for myself (I had a couple characters from scans of the old boxes already)

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

The knights boxes are smaller than the originals

Last edited by Brue; Apr 25, '08, 8:07 PM.

Comment

• miguet
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 11, 2007

Originally posted by Action Martin
              Thanks guys. I've been debating about whether or not to order the Robin Hood and Super Knights figures loose or boxed. An exact repro would have sealed the deal for me.
              If you think you might want to get the Western Heroes and Super Pirates in the future then you might consider getting them together with the Robin Hood and Super Knights and buying them from CTVT eBay auctions. CTVT has a package deal of all 19 figures for $110 shipped BIN. That comes to about $5.79 per box figure. Now, if only I could have my package now!

Comment

• Action Martin
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by miguet
                If you think you might want to get the Western Heroes and Super Pirates in the future then you might consider getting them together with the Robin Hood and Super Knights and buying them from CTVT eBay auctions. CTVT has a package deal of all 19 figures for $110 shipped BIN. That comes to about $5.79 per box figure. Now, if only I could have my package now!
                I've been looking at that auction for a couple of months now. That price is the total price of their website's loose figures but in the auction you also get their boxes. Not a bad deal. I really don't have a desire for the Pirates and the Western heroes though. But since the Merry Men and Knights are $70 + shipping, the overall package is appealing.
                Scott

Comment

• misterdroid
                  Banned
                  • Jan 10, 2008

I would watch out for the "loose" ctvt figs. I have bought some and they come in the box, but with the top ripped off. I find them to be of dubious quality at best. I bought a set of knights for my son and the loose figs had badly molded accessories, broken parts, shields missing handles, ripped neck plugs, split boots etc. He was ,with good reason, pretty upset so I ordered a boxed set and they were fine. I feel like the "rejects" get sold as "loose"
                  my 2 cents...

Comment

• Action Martin
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 30, 2007

That's horrible! Did you ask them to replace the poor quality figures? They certainly don't advertise them as being less quality than their boxed figures.
                    Scott

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

I only collect loose figs but got a bunch of mt ctvt boxed b/c of a great price. I have not had major probs with mine. yes there have been a few broken feet and other parts, a couple of them have the "i need to pee" stance - I have 25 or so figures - none have been missing parts, none have had poorly molded accessories or bad necks. i have bought anthore 15 or so complete loose solely to use parts on customs or repairing or completing vintage figures (a $5 ctvt robin hood gives you over $20 in parts)

boxes are a bonus if you have nothing.

Comment

• Action Martin
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Brue
                        I only collect loose figs but got a bunch of mt ctvt boxed b/c of a great price. I have not had major probs with mine. yes there have been a few broken feet and other parts, a couple of them have the "i need to pee" stance
                        The prices are great. My plan was to buy them and put the heads and clothing on Dr. Mego bodies. Or perhaps even those new bodies from Castaway.
                        Scott

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

I hear others saying this as well - that they will put the stuff on doc mego bodies.

you can by waltons or naked lots or beat up figures - REAL ones for the same price or often even LESS than doc mego.

i would also point out that though ctvt bodies have sometimes suffered from cracks or crossed legs, they feel more like megos than doc's. if you get one that breaks - replace it. if it stand nice and is unbroken - why "fix" it?

Comment

• Action Martin
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 30, 2007

I had a CTVT Jet Jungle and didn't like the way he felt or stood/displayed. He didn't seem "Mego" enough for me. I recently acquired a kitbashed JJ head on a Mego T-1 body from Merlyn1976 and it looks great.

I'm concerned that the other CTTV figures will "feel" like the JJ one.
                            Scott

Comment

• spotter
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 6, 2008

I have purchase a lot of bodies and figures from ctvt- 85% were fine a couple of breaks and they did replace them in the next order. I got a "boxed" wyatt erp missing his hat- if pieces are missing it is due to factory error which is likely either way. I have great faith in their stuff but I do swap the bodies out
                              Looking for t1 LIZARD

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎