X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

The Original Encyclopedia Of Comic Book Heroes

I'm glad to see this come back into print.

All the trivia of the Batman Mythos prior to the Dark Knight revamp. See the history of Batman before "Grim n Gritty" became the status quo.

I still have the original three volumes covering Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman from when I was a kid. Some fantastic reading material, particularly the more gonzo aspects of their history are covered here.

It's too bad the rest of the proposed volumes that would have comprised this series never came out.

Go Check it out!
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I have the original Batman and Superman ones as well but I was always disappointed that the cut-off date for info seems to be around 1964....would've liked to have some of the later 60s, early 70s stuff covered.
    And both volumes seem to gloss over their membership in the Justice League of America.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ramsey37
      • Jun 18, 2001

I picked up the Superman volume on clearance at Waldenbooks back in the early 1980's and still have it on my shelf. The local public library had the Batman volume for years before it finally disappeared. I musta checked that thing out a dozen times during its life there. I never knew the other 5 voumes never saw print. I guess that explains why I never saw them
      George

Comment

• phil
        Persistent Member
        • May 11, 2007

I have an old copy that I've read many times. It's a great book and makes interesting reading.
        It is a shame that the series was never completed.

Comment

• Wolverine1969
          Career Member
          • Apr 7, 2005

Yep, look at my old copy all the time.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎