X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayhank
    That Fisher Price Guy
    • Feb 9, 2007

Bummed by EMCE Clam Shells

This isn't meant to be a put down to EMCE at all so nobody take offense please!

I just opened my case of Dr. McCoy and Romulan by EMCE only to find that two out of the 4 McCoy's have cracked clamshells on the bottom, so he can easily come right out. I'm not sure why or how this happened, I assume it's the Post Office dropping the box or something. But has anyone else had similar problems? It's really bumming me out! I was going to open one anyway but I have some friends that are interested in buying them who don't plan on opening them.
    Scott D Thompson | Facebook
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I don't personally like the Design of the Clamshell Myself. The figure Looks Opened after you "cut along the Dotted Lines" .. as well as looks a bit Tacky when you look at it in the Package. The ClamShell Castaway was using for the Black Terror Figure had a Better look to it..., then when you got the figure out & played with it,.. you could put it back & it still looks as if it was never opened. Just My Take & my 2 cents.

But why We are on the Subject,.. where's the love for the Boxes ? For me Space is somewhat limited,.. & Boxes take up less room. I can stack 3 Boxes SideWays for Display .. as opposed to the 1 carded figure. I'm just a Boxed guy Myself.

But this is in no way some sorta Rant,.. nore any sorta Disrespectful Post,.. just kinda Discussing with a few Questions. I will always continue to support any figure line in the 8" Mego format.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by grayhank
      This isn't meant to be a put down to EMCE at all so nobody take offense please!

I just opened my case of Dr. McCoy and Romulan by EMCE only to find that two out of the 4 McCoy's have cracked clamshells on the bottom, so he can easily come right out. I'm not sure why or how this happened, I assume it's the Post Office dropping the box or something. But has anyone else had similar problems? It's really bumming me out! I was going to open one anyway but I have some friends that are interested in buying them who don't plan on opening them.
      Have you contacted the seller about this? I don't see what EMCE can do about someone else damaging the clamshells. I know you don't mean to slam EMCE, but it does sorta come over like that. Threads complaining about something usually do. Before starting threads like this contact the guy who sold 'em o you to try to come to an agreement. And if all else fails contact Doc Mego.
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ And there is a whole Replica Chat forum for EMCE stuff.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

The EMCE plastic bubbles are pretty thin and weak. I know NewForce brought it to their attention after receiving numerous cases with damaged bubbles. So I'd chalk it up to that. Hopefully things will improve in future waves.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

that sucks dude,sorry to hear that
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• grayhank
              That Fisher Price Guy
              • Feb 9, 2007

Originally posted by Meule
              Have you contacted the seller about this? I don't see what EMCE can do about someone else damaging the clamshells. I know you don't mean to slam EMCE, but it does sorta come over like that. Threads complaining about something usually do. Before starting threads like this contact the guy who sold 'em o you to try to come to an agreement. And if all else fails contact Doc Mego.
              My point was it was a disappointment is all by the use of the word "bummed". If I had said: COMPLAINT About EMCE, FURIOUS with EMCE, or EMCE BITES etc then yeah it would have had a whole different meaning.

I'm not sure you're grasping the definition of how we use the word "bummed" here in the US. It's primarily used to express something that's unfortunate but not really a big deal. That doesn't make it a complaint. It would be impossible to pinpoint where the blame lies. Is EMCE to blame? Not likely. Is the Seller to blame? Doubtful, since he is a very reputable seller here on the Forums. Is the Post Office to blame? Possibly, they don't always exercise the best of care when handling packages. Am I to blame? Don't know, maybe if I had opened the box upon receiving it instead of letting it sit for a couple of months. Are the elements to blame? Possibly, I did get the box during our local rainy season which then turns into a period of high humidity followed by vast dryness. I live in a very old house which doesn't always react well with the outside weather conditions.

So why bring it up at all if it's not a big deal? Well because I wanted to see if anyone else had similar occurences. Or perhaps let people know that adverse effects can occur if you leave these items boxed up for extended periods of time due to changes in weather conditions etc. Cardboard and plastic don't always make the best of allies when placed together. There's something about the chemical compounds that don't mix. Like color changes to card bubbles, head colors turning gray, plastic packaging becoming brittle and cracking, yellowing or fading. So again, this post is not meant to slam anyone.
              Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• Seeker
                Neptunians RULE!
                • Feb 20, 2008

I agree with something posted earlier. I Carefully cut along the dotted line too and no matter it still looked kind of sloppy. I wished the clam shell was designed a little different. No big thing. I always buy 2 one to open one to keep mint.
                Lo there do I see my Father.
                Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
                Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
                Lo they do call me.
                They bid me take my place among them.
                In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• monkey tennis
                  "Kiss my face."
                  • Jun 8, 2007

I received mine smashed, but that's down to play sending them
                  in bubble wrapped envelops, but it was only £5.00.
                  "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

I look at mine the clam shell plastic is a little stiffer & less flexiable than other brands, like "guardian dragon "which itself pretty thin,so this might be the reason they are cracking from shipping.
                    Paul Might not have any control over that, what the factory uses.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Well...I LOVE EMCE & Doc Mego....but I too have received damaged Item's. I was BUMMED when My Case of Andorian's & McCoy's came...and all 4 of the Andorian's Bubbles were dented.But I don't believe that's EMCE's fault.

The biggest 'Bummer" is the Silver coming off the Helmuts, and onto the Romulan's Hair. On one of them, I successfully removed the Silver...but another, the Hair color came off as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

• raider5gt
                        Museum Tree Cutter
                        • Nov 25, 2007

The Kirk and Klingon i had from Paul came mint but the stuff from Play came smashed,even a few S/W items were the same.Its down to the postal services i reckon being to heavy handed.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
                          Stuck in a laundry shoot.
                          • Oct 8, 2007

My figures came with no problems, I am sorry some of you had problems.

Something to think about for those of you that ship things often. I worked a shipping dept. for a company in Boulder, and we had to pack everything so that it could with withstand a 30ft fall. Apparently, some shipping companies have conveyor belts that move packages that high off the ground. Also those guys simply throw the boxes around pretty carelessly as well.
                          "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by MegoRonin
                            Also those guys simply throw the boxes around pretty carelessly as well.

Hey Now !
                            When Talking Action Figures & Mego's... thats a Serious Crime !
                            IMO ,.. They should be Fired on the Spot ,.. Then dragged out in the Street & Shot. Gangsta Style,.. a firing squad is too good for them.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• drmego
                              EMCE Toys
                              • Jun 15, 2001

The funny thing is that the clamshells come from China undamaged, but once
                              in the tender hands of the U.S. postal service, they sometimes crack.

We have switched to a thicker gauge of plastic for 2008 production - at a
                              higher cost to EMCE, not to Diamond Comics - so this year's figures should
                              weather the post office better.
                              www.drmego.com
                              www.megoman.com
                              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍