X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Dungeon! Adventure Game

As someone who was cast out of his one and only D&D game for being too "Disruptive" (my local DM was kind of a tyrant) , I missed out on the whole TSR scene in the day. It was very similar to being the only kid who hadn't seen "Star Wars".

I mainly stuck to playing "Gauntlet" for my fantasy fix.For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Dungeons and Dragons for people who actually have lives?

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Terrific game. It's not really an RPG like regular D&D or AD&D. It's a simplified competitive dungeon crawl. Fight monsters, get their treasure and be the first to leave the dungeon with your required amount of treasure. Very fun and fast moving.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Godzilla
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 3, 2002

When my toy buying days were over as a junior high school kid, all my money when to games like this and minitures. I was a TSR junkie. To this day I still love playing games.
        Mortui Vivos Docent
        The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• pmwasson
          Maker
          • Sep 12, 2007

I remember playing this game as a kid.
          sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
            Supporter of Silliness
            • Jun 20, 2007

I think this game might still be living in my parents' game closet. I'll have to check. It's a fun game but, if memory serves, the one flaw is that there's one treasure that's way more valuable than any others. If you're the lucky one who gets it, you can get in and out of the game quickly. I can't remember if it was a diamond or something platinum, but it was definitely the biggest ticket in the treasure deck.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Dungeon has a risk versus reward type of gameplay. The deeper you risk going into the dungeon the more valuable the treasure but also the more dangerous the monster. So you can take your time safely killing off low level monsters on the upper levels for less valuable treasure or go for broke in the lower levels for the really valuable stuff but risk getting killed and lose all your treasure.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Dungeon! It is a really fun game. It's really, really good!

I still have a 1990's edition around somewhere.

I think the board game is still in fairly high demand on eBay.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

The closest thing I had to his was Hero's Quest. Man, my friends and I loved playing that game in early high school.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

Capping off the day in the romper room with some pretzels and Mr. Pibb after watching cable on your hot 20" color console and reliving your Yosemite vacation with your slide projector.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 27, 2009

Still have the version pictured in this add. It's been reissued a couple of times. Great game, what my gaming group would call a beer and pretzels game. Fast moving, not to long to play, with easy to understand rules.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎