X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

retired figures

i always buy from FTC ,i see that the conan figures,gilligan figures and dukes are all retired as in sold out , if gilligan sold well
    ( at least the "8" figures ) why not do the rest of the cast ,would have loved that only in "8" size.the "12" size are also sold out ,but
    those were on sale .I see Batman FF as sold out as well as Bats RM 1st appearance .i hope they replace these sold out lines with
    some new licenced figures ,like maybe planet of the apes and star trek (all shows,movies ,etc) Star wars ?-i wish .i hope FTC
    is successful in their future lines .Hey wheres that Stan Lee figure ? .glad i bought all those guys that are listed as sold out .
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

I'd kinda like to see figures on which figures have sold the most. It might be educational to see how things have gone.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by tllgn
      i always buy from FTC ,i see that the conan figures,gilligan figures and dukes are all retired as in sold out , if gilligan sold well
      ( at least the "8" figures ) why not do the rest of the cast ,would have loved that only in "8" size.the "12" size are also sold out ,but
      those were on sale .I see Batman FF as sold out as well as Bats RM 1st appearance .i hope they replace these sold out lines with
      some new licenced figures ,like maybe planet of the apes and star trek (all shows,movies ,etc) Star wars ?-i wish .i hope FTC
      is successful in their future lines .Hey wheres that Stan Lee figure ? .glad i bought all those guys that are listed as sold out .
      "Selling out" doesn't necessarily mean they sold well. I have a feeling the figures that don't move are parted out and sold on the CTVT site. They may also have had a very small run, which may be the case for something like RM Batman 1st appearance, which basically was a new paint app on an existing parts.
      Last edited by CrimsonGhost; May 24, '17, 11:44 AM.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        "Selling out" doesn't necessarily mean they sold well. I have a feeling the figures that don't move are parted out and sold on the CTVT site. They may also have had a very small run, which may be the case for something like RM Batman 1st appearance, which basically was a new paint op on an existing parts.
        Yup...the "sold out" in the majority of cases are referring to the ENTIRE PACKAGE, (card, figure, clam that is numbered).
        Technically, the figure isn't "SOLD OUT" if it is available for parts a month later on CTVT, just the "presentation" of said figure.
        It's why I refuse to buy anything in a clamshell from them....I jsut want the figure and not the clamshell stickered "1101/2000".
        LOL

Dukes So far haven't shown up as purchasable on the CTVT site, other than clothes/ complete outfits.
        Same with Gilligan and Monkees and Stooges, which may have to do with limited run licensing, as so far as the heads go.
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Sold out in these instances almost assuredly is about the expiration of rights, where FTC can't make Dukes figures (as an example) because the rights have lapsed, but they can sell remaining stock or use the heads/outfits/parts in other areas of the site.

Some of the earlier DC stuff was "retired" so that they could keep refreshing/reissuing them in other ways, multipacks, new cards, etc.

Comment

• zaphod
            • Dec 19, 2011

Have you checked to see if the "sold out" figures are available as "loose" figures sold in sealed bags? When Alfred Pennyworth was listed as "sold out" in the plastic clamshell he was later available as a loose figure in sealed plastic bag. I noticed on a previous time on their website that Gilligan and the Dukes were available as loose figures in sealed plastic bags.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by darkbros
              Yup...the "sold out" in the majority of cases are referring to the ENTIRE PACKAGE, (card, figure, clam that is numbered).
              Technically, the figure isn't "SOLD OUT" if it is available for parts a month later on CTVT, just the "presentation" of said figure.
              It's why I refuse to buy anything in a clamshell from them....I jsut want the figure and not the clamshell stickered "1101/2000".
              LOL

Dukes So far haven't shown up as purchasable on the CTVT site, other than clothes/ complete outfits.
              Same with Gilligan and Monkees and Stooges, which may have to do with limited run licensing, as so far as the heads go.
              The Dukes and Gilligan were parted out from head to toe. The heads were and still might be available
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tllgn
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 6, 2010

For the moment the loose figures of these lines are no longer listed or are retired.sold out to me .means sold out of that item as was listed.if someone still needed a Conan.they can just buy all the parts and build him up.like Isis .however if someone wanted him as was available with everything.that item is sold out regardless of how many copies they may have produced.you can still get some of these figures elsewhere easy.but ftc is the manufacturer.and when other outlets sell their stock -their gone .then its to the secondary market to find them.thats of course if they don't re-release them in a new way.but the 1st issue item is sold out.and indicates that those figures that were not discounted must have been successful.

Comment

• Chippupperty
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 5, 2004

Seems weird that they even retired Robin.

Comment

• darkbros
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    The Dukes and Gilligan were parted out from head to toe. The heads were and still might be available

Nope Heads are a no, I checked BEFORE I posted.....
                    Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                    https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by darkbros
                      Nope Heads are a no, I checked BEFORE I posted.....
                      they were there at one time, must have sold them off. I got a Skipper head from them.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎