X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

Super Friends review

Along with my JQ figures, I also got the last couple waves of Super Friends figures. Overall, I think FTC did a great job on these. Captain Cold is really cool. Love the costume. The Riddler, Toyman, Flash, Bizzaro and Batman are all nicely done as well. Still not a fan of the "pop-on" gloves and boots, but they aren't going away it seems. I will always give props where they are due, and they are definitely due here but again, some of the same old issues keep popping up with FTC figures and it just aggravates me that they can't up their game in the QC dept. Pics below...

IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    Green Arrow's paint app is HORRENDOUS! Just sloppy work all around and there is NO excuse for this. None. Completely ruined a great figure that I will definitely be sending back for a replacement.
    Oh, and his right arm will NOT stay in the socket.

IMG_0149.jpg
    Cheetah's head, while a nice representation of the source material with a great paint app, is, like most of the other female head sculpts FTC puts out, flat and completely misshapen. Thankfully her hood hides it for the most part. Just not sure why their guy can't sculpt a female head. So irritating.
    Oh, and her clam shell is smashed open on the bottom.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

not to mention all the craters in GL's chin and yet another flat headed sculpt. Yikes, what a mess.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

That's the worst paint job I've ever seen on a figure. Inexcusable.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

I really think before FTC puts these in the box to ship out, that they would at least look over the figures first for quality. It certainly would avoid returns

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

My Green Arrow looks no different from what you got. I hope you get a better replacement, but I doubt it's possible. I just painted over the mask mistakes and my results turned out okay, from the naked eye it looks fine, but from the pictures I took there was no way to save it. No one should have to repaint a figure.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
            I really think before FTC puts these in the box to ship out, that they would at least look over the figures first for quality. It certainly would avoid returns
            Nope! They sent me a broken figure, in a "Loose Factory Bag" you could clearly tell it was broke IN THE BAG before you would have shipped it.
            When contacted after I recieved it, they said "Oh too costly to send another, we will send you a replacement on your next order."

That was a month ago. I placed a new order finally yesterday ( after dealing with their website issues). Fingers crossed, otherwise I'm filing a complaint with VISA....
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Yes, as documented in another thread, my Bagged Superboy had some issues too, with the most glaring being the belt loop not being securely fastened to the trucks. The replacement was great, but it was also at my return cost, which delves into...

FTC customer service, which has been decent overall for me, but having to pay the cost of return and a similar issue to darkbros when they screwed up my World's Greatest Toys book order & discount and took the lazy and, again, more costly to me route to fix it has made me hesitant to order directly from FTC.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by TRDouble
                Yes, as documented in another thread, my Bagged Superboy had some issues too, with the most glaring being the belt loop not being securely fastened to the trucks. The replacement was great, but it was also at my return cost, which delves into...

FTC customer service, which has been decent overall for me, but having to pay the cost of return and a similar issue to darkbros when they screwed up my World's Greatest Toys book order & discount and took the lazy and, again, more costly to me route to fix it has made me hesitant to order directly from FTC.
                If they send anything defective, there is no excuse from them to not replace something at their cost

One of my batgirl's had missing paint on her head (like it was chipped off) and they did replace the head free of charge,so it's odd they don't take care of this stuff like they should.

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

My issues with FTC ...they are just at a point where it's ..."the devil u know" type of relationship.

I was talking to my wife about it...I've had clothing arrive and not fit, boots with seams split,
                  and now this figure. She was like why do you deal with them? Because I told her, on somethings its price, on
                  others it is just they are the only ones who have it.

Order shipped today they said, and they said they received my notice reminding them to replace my broken figure.
                  (Website would not accept the amount of characters I typed in the Comment section, but never gave an "error--too many characters"
                  limit. So I emailed them directly and posted on their face book page)

Quality Control, Customer Service issues.....it's hard justifying spending the money when these issues occur.
                  I hope that maybe now that they are selling directly on Amazon, that enough customers make AtoZ returns
                  they will get the hint and fix their issues, as an AtoZ return is the ultimate " bucks stops with you so fix it" customer service.
                  lol
                  So fingers crossed, Saturday will be a great day.

Comment

• TRDouble
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 10, 2012

Too bad they don't have Prime shipping on Amazon. At least buying direct from FTC and getting free shipping on orders over $100 helps the sting of returns.

Ordering from them via Amazon and paying shipping might be the way to go though. But I think for direct, non-Amazon orders through Amazon's website, the return process is handled by the third party merchant, not Amazon, so it might all be moot anyway.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

If you order from them you should have an existing account which means they have something to place a credit on for your return shipping costs. Just send them a copy of your receipt and they will credit your account. Whatever you use to pay is irrelevant because the credit will just come off your next purchase. I've had to return things twice and on both occasions they reimbursed my expense.

Comment

• darkbros
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 3, 2012

Ordering from them via Amazon and paying shipping might be the way to go though. But I think for direct, non-Amazon orders through Amazon's website, the return process is handled by the third party merchant, not Amazon, so it might all be moot anyway.
                        I looked and Figures Toy Company, which sells under the brand "wrestlingsuperstore.com" and it is still subject to
                        Amazon's AtoZ Guarantee policies, which they have expanded to Third party sellers, selling on Amazon,
                        which means that :

About A-to-z Guarantee

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Pay; that's why we guarantee purchases from third-party sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Pay for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.
                        So long story short: Order product from them through Amazon, get crappy product, file an A2Z Guarantee claim,
                        get your money and shipping costs back, and the stink of returned product and lost sales may force the QC
                        issue finally....

Comment

• darkbros
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 3, 2012

Just FYI ( on my FTC woes),
                          received my replacement figure today, and although it wasn't broken in the loose bag,
                          upon expecting the figure her right leg didn't feel quite right.
                          Removed her outfit, sure enough, the right leg top seam is split and cracked.
                          *SIGH*
                          At this point, they suck SO BAD right now....I'm just going to cobble what I can from the two figures,
                          (at least what I need anyway) and using a Pair of broken Mego Uhuras build the bodies I need that
                          will work.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by darkbros
                            Just FYI ( on my FTC woes),
                            received my replacement figure today, and although it wasn't broken in the loose bag,
                            upon expecting the figure her right leg didn't feel quite right.
                            Removed her outfit, sure enough, the right leg top seam is split and cracked.
                            *SIGH*
                            At this point, they suck SO BAD right now....I'm just going to cobble what I can from the two figures,
                            (at least what I need anyway) and using a Pair of broken Mego Uhuras build the bodies I need that
                            will work.
                            Sorry to hear that man. Very discouraging. You would think that FTC, any company for that matter, would just want to put out decent product. It's the right thing to do.
                            Honestly, after the two new Catwoman figures and MAYBE the upcoming Wonder Woman line-up, I'm thinking my FTC full figures are out. Parts and custom work from there on out is a distinct possibility if quality continues to suffer.

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

They have zero quality control. They don't care.
                              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎