X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

General Spidrax at Toys R Us

It doesn't get more 80s than this does it? The badguy from the Sectaurs meeting a kid with a Ghostbusters Tee shirt!

Reminder: This is the kind of thing I'm looking for in my next book "Mall of Justice".

How you can get involved: I'm looking for your photos and your recollections! Even if you've submitted them to the site before, I would likely need higher resolution and I'd want to talk to you.

What am i looking for: Appearances of costumed characters during the 1970s and 80s, be they from comic books (Batman, the Hulk) , cartoons (, toy lines (Masters of the Universe, GI Joe) or movies (Planet of the Apes, Star Wars) , a date and place and a description of how you felt meeting these iconic characters. Did you think they were real?

Does it have to specifically be in a mall:
    HECK NO! Car shows, county fairs, grocery stores, heck I'd even accept birthday party shots. It's all fair game.

Learn more here:

http://plaidstallions.blogspot.ca/2016/04/new-book-project-mall-of-justice.html

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Holey moley! A beloved line for me, one of the best ever. And that costume is amazing! ( I see Dargon, too, in the background.)
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

that's cool. we did not have Toys R Us nearby until the late 80's. I don't recall seeing characters like that out. I do remember in the late 70's meeting Cpt. America and Spiderman, but sadly I have not found any pictures. I still have hundreds of negatives I found in my moms safe deposit box to go through. it is a very tedious process and because of the age the quality of scans is not very good. if I do find anything I will send it your way

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I remember we had a Toys R Us not to far and at the grand opening we saw DeForest Kelley walking by with another person
        he said hello to a few people outside then disappeared, kind of weird seeing him but it was definitely him.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎