PDA

View Full Version : Mego Meet 2017 - Last Call in Skokie

EMCE Hammer
Feb 22, '17, 11:31 PM
Registration is open now - admission is still only $25, tables are an additional $40. If you haven't been to Skokie yet, this is your last chance. We'll be rotating to a new city in 2018, so get that last taste of Mego Milk while it's still fresh.

Feel free to post questions here. Brian will have the Facebook page updated soon.

http://www.megomuseum.com/megomeetmain/megomeetmain.shtml

samurainoir
Feb 23, '17, 6:05 PM
I'm down for getting the party started early again... who else is coming in Wednesday/Thursday?

Random Axe
Feb 23, '17, 6:33 PM
I'm Wednesday. I'll pay the extra, not too concerned about cost for the one night. It'll be totally worth it to relax, do some toy and record shopping prior to the madness

VintageMike
Feb 23, '17, 7:03 PM
Registered. Unfortunately, the transition from driving to flying means any extra days aren't happening this go around. I also don't have the days to burn as I did in the past. I will however enjoy not having to get up super early Sunday to beat traffic. So I'd be happy to catch breakfast with fellow straglers that might be left Sunday morning.

noelani72
Feb 23, '17, 7:46 PM
Registered table, myself and The Boy - I must have missed the section in the PayPal process to actually note our screen names...I looked, did not get the option in my browser experience though. Y'all know me and The Boy anyways lol

EMCE Hammer
Feb 23, '17, 8:09 PM
Registered table, myself and The Boy - I must have missed the section in the PayPal process to actually note our screen names...I looked, did not get the option in my browser experience though. Y'all know me and The Boy anyways lol

Yea, I think I remember you guys:-)

pmwasson
Feb 23, '17, 11:04 PM
I got my plane tickets for Thursday to Sunday. My plane doesn't leave until 5pm on Sunday, so I'll be looking for stuff to do that day.

There is a Lego Expo Sat/Sun that I may check out: http://brickworld.com/brickworld-chicago/

Bronxboykev
Feb 24, '17, 10:48 AM
So far we're set for Thursday to Sunday, would like to get there on the Wednesday, Especially if we are driving in. Scott is a wild card once again in the equation as his Mrs. Is with Child and is due for a July delivery. Fingers crossed for all to fall neatly into place.

jimbutsu
Feb 24, '17, 1:29 PM
I don't know if work will allow for it since I travel so much around then, but this year my big event got moved up to May instead of June... will have to look into it.

JDeRouen
Feb 25, '17, 7:18 PM
Fletcher and I will be there again this year!

palitoy
Feb 25, '17, 7:59 PM
Fletcher and I will be there again this year!

In advance, you have not won any door prizes.

Toyman_Chris
Feb 28, '17, 11:38 PM
I am going to be there Wednesday - Saturday morning, if things work out. I won't be getting a table this year. My wife bought me Billy Joel tickets for my Birthday (Saturday June 17th) so I will be singing with the Piano Man!!

Fire Marshal Bill
Mar 1, '17, 12:33 AM
We are planning on making it this year! Looking forward to seeing everyone again. We'll be driving in so I'm debating getting a table. I have a couple very special larger items I am bringing and will need a place to set them out for everyone to see :yes:.

I have reserved a room for Fri and Sat nights. We will likely be coming up with my mother and an RV though. Can someone familiar with the area recommend a good campground with full hookups nearby?

The Re-Rooter
Mar 2, '17, 1:21 AM
What is the cut off date? This will be my first year attending, God Willing! Skokie is very far away so I have to make sure I can secure a plane ticket before purchasing my admission & table. If I do end up being able to attend, I will be the clueless chick standing in the lobby looking for help. :P

Jorge Galvan
Mar 2, '17, 3:46 PM
So what city is on mind for next year???

Bronxboykev
Mar 2, '17, 4:42 PM
What is the cut off date? This will be my first year attending, God Willing! Skokie is very far away so I have to make sure I can secure a plane ticket before purchasing my admission & table. If I do end up being able to attend, I will be the clueless chick standing in the lobby looking for help. :P

I would say by May 25 only because that's the hotel Reservation deadline, Even though you might be iffy I would book the hotel now and if you need to you can always cancel the Hotel reservation 24 hours before check in with no penalties if thats the way things break for you. That way it will give you more time to shop flights and then book the table.

ScottA
Mar 2, '17, 11:01 PM

What Kevin said.

Glad you are coming Diana. And don't worry, we'll take care of you.

The Re-Rooter
Mar 2, '17, 11:18 PM
What Kevin said.

Glad you are coming Diana. And don't worry, we'll take care of you.

I am SO excited! <3 <3 <3

EMCE Hammer
Mar 3, '17, 12:04 AM
And we have a logo!

http://www.megomuseum.com/megomeetmain/2017.jpg

sprytel
Mar 3, '17, 12:53 AM
Groovy.

Type3Toys
Mar 3, '17, 6:16 AM
A new city? Any hint as to which cities are being considered?

Registration is open now - admission is still only $25, tables are an additional $40. If you haven't been to Skokie yet, this is your last chance. We'll be rotating to a new city in 2018, so get that last taste of Mego Milk while it's still fresh.

Feel free to post questions here. Brian will have the Facebook page updated soon.

http://www.megomuseum.com/megomeetmain/megomeetmain.shtml

Bronxboykev
Mar 3, '17, 10:47 AM
And we have a logo!

http://www.megomuseum.com/megomeetmain/2017.jpg

Getting my map guys on it!!!

EMCE Hammer
Mar 3, '17, 11:10 AM
A new city? Any hint as to which cities are being considered?

If your truck has a hemi, you can make it there.

CrimsonGhost
Mar 3, '17, 12:15 PM
That can only mean one thing!! Pontiac, Michigan!!

The Re-Rooter
Mar 3, '17, 12:33 PM
LEGOS?!!!

ooooooo it would be crazy but awesome to fit 2 events into one weekend! Take lots of pics!

Diana, the Re-rooter ( who thinks the Lego Batman movie is one of the best Batman films ever)

The Re-Rooter
Mar 3, '17, 12:35 PM
You have Art's Super Hero Animals in there too! LOVE it! So epic.

Diana, the Re-rooter

Getting my map guys on it!!!

PNGwynne
Mar 3, '17, 10:59 PM
I like your enthusiasm, Diane. MM is great, I wish I was attending again.

Type3Toys
Mar 5, '17, 8:32 AM
If your truck has a hemi, you can make it there.

It does.

ScottA
May 18, '17, 11:08 PM
I know it's late but I finally got my 2 tables. Me, Andrew and Adam are all set now I guess.

I missed the section to list them, but I know you know who they are. :)

EMCE Hammer
May 23, '17, 12:25 PM
I know it's late but I finally got my 2 tables. Me, Andrew and Adam are all set now I guess.

I missed the section to list them, but I know you know who they are. :)

Sure - the Andersons!

nvmbrsdoom5
May 27, '17, 12:17 AM
Shoot, I finally registered for admission but never got a chance to put in my Museum ID name etc. So if you see a purchase for Larry Roberts & Jessica Owens, that'd be me :) See you all there!

jimbutsu
Jun 4, '17, 6:44 PM
I don't know if work will allow for it since I travel so much around then, but this year my big event got moved up to May instead of June... will have to look into it.
...and of course I'll be in the air the week of the meet and not flying home (much less anywhere else) until that Friday afternoon. Maybe by the time the 20th anniversary event rolls around I'll actually be able to make it work.

Fire Marshal Bill
Jun 6, '17, 11:48 AM
Registered and paid for 1 table. Not going to bring a lot........... but what I do bring should make everyone happy :silly:.

Like most, I missed the spot to put my forum name so if you see a payment from Bill Lawrence, that's me. Also my wife, Cozette, will be with me.

Looking forward to it!

drmego
Jun 8, '17, 6:54 AM
Steve,

Did I reserve a table? I know I registered.

palitoy
Jun 8, '17, 7:02 AM
Steve,

Did I reserve a table? I know I registered.

You are down for two according to my list.

EMCE Hammer
Jun 8, '17, 9:04 AM
You are also on the schedule for 'Doc Talk.'

WannabeMego
Jun 8, '17, 10:35 AM
You are also on the schedule for 'Doc Talk.'

Was it expanded to 2 hrs? ;)

drmego
Jun 8, '17, 10:28 PM
Thanks for letting me know. Good thing somebody remembers things.

justzeg18
Jun 9, '17, 4:28 PM
Just registered for the weekend as well.
There totally weren't any boxes or fields to add info, so an order from a Justin Z******** in Flint is me.

trekman101
Jun 12, '17, 1:32 AM
Finally registered but no place to add forum name and my son dean

wyatterb
Jun 12, '17, 10:13 AM
I'm hoping to get there around noon on Saturday.

rche
Jun 15, '17, 2:20 PM
Can you load into the dealer room after 5pm on Fri? or is it locked down solid?

rche
Jun 16, '17, 10:50 AM
finally off of work!!! Last minute preparations and rolling to skokie!

mikeMc6
Jun 19, '17, 3:37 PM
Can't wait to hear about new location for 2018!