• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Lost my Grandmother today

Hi guys,
    very sad day for me today,I lost my only Grandmother to cancer.She actually died on Thursday,I tried not to think about it.But today was her funeral and stuff.I was trying to be strong for my mom,but as soon as i got home I just broke down.Can't seem to shake it off,all i do is see her face and I can't stop thinking if I could've been better or done something more.I don't mean to bring you guys down or I definitely don't want you guys to feel sorry me,I just needed to get this out,since my wife had to work and I'm alone all i ask is that you guys send a little prayer her way if you can,she was one of the sweetest women I've ever met and I know she's in a better place

Martha Martinez 1934-2007
    Love you mima,Damian

Thanx guys
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook
  • GSPUSA
    General Patton
    • Apr 9, 2005

You're not alone. I felt the same way when I lost my grandfather. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. My prayers are with you.
    It

Comment

• saildog
      Permanent Member
      • Apr 9, 2006

I'm sorry, friend.

It's good that you were strong for your Mom and that you will miss your Grandmother. It hurts because you loved your Grandmother and have good memories of her.

You're right my friend, she is in a better place and while her passing is an occasion of sadness and grief, it would be much sadder if she were not loved and missed by her family. Those tears mean something, friend.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
        MeGoing
        • May 14, 2003

Hey Damian, I'm sorry to hear your news, and I know you must be feeling very low at the moment. I will include her in my prayers, and hope that you and your family feel better soon...death is a very hard thing to swallow. I will be thinking of you.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

I'm so sorry Damian. I feel your pain. I've lost a father, grandmother, 2 brothers and a sister, so I know how much it hurts. Hang in there, hun. It won't always feel this bad. I'm sure your Mima loved you very much. Just hold that love in your heart and take it w/ you wherever you go. Share the good memories of her w/ family and friends. That way, she'll always be w/ you.
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Very sad news :(

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
              Formerly known as Del
              • Dec 12, 2004

I'm so sorry. My sympathies to you and your family. I lost my grandpa almost a month ago, and I still miss him. It's not easy, because grandparents provide so much support to the family. It's almost like you expect them to be around forever.
              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• K
                Fun Will Now Commence
                • Jun 20, 2001

My sympathies to you and your family at this tough time. There is nothing harder than losing someone you love. Nothing.
                I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!!sigpic

"...and the Geeks shall inherit the earth."

Comment

• Mr Mego
                  Love to play with Megos
                  • Oct 19, 2003

Oh, no......

I'm very sorry to heard that Damian...... I lost my father's mother (my Grandmother Alice, last name - can't remember) last about 10 years ago, she's 84 and I lost my mother's Grandmother (my Great Grandmother Annie Broze) last 6 years ago, she's 94! Now she's 100 years old in heaven. I got her original owner 2 Antique shelve clocks and kept them with their's pictures till I get older, I'll give them to my real nephew Anthony Richard (my brother's son) before I die. I hope my nephew won't sell them in the future!

I had spent alot time with them for many years since I was kid, I'm always rode the bike down to their's house and visit almost daily and I cutted the grass in her yard for her. I NEVER forget my Grandmother, Grandfather and Great Grandmother forever. Also, I lost my best Grandfather (my mother's father who have one quarter Cherokee blood) 20 years ago, he had lungs and liver cancer, he died in 1987..... R.I.P Grandpa. He fought World War II: North Korea, Vietnam and German War on the battleground in Germany, he had over 7 bullet holes on his chest and back!!! He's very lucky to lived, his Armies took him to the Hospital, got healed and went back to War again! What a VERY brave Indian man!!! I'm VERY proud of him and I loved him so much......

I have many old pictures of them, I put them in the frames and hang them on the wall in the hall to back bedroom with computer room, I feel better to see pictures of them and keep remember them daily.

If you have picture(s) of your Grandmother, make a really nice frame(s) and hang it on the wall next to you in the living room or in any place, to remind her.

Anyway, I have to move on and one day I'll get my own new family, wife and having one or two children.

I hope you're okay.... and take care. You're not alone, I'm your friend and our members. My prayers are with you.
                  Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• DocDrako
                    Formerly Doc Drako
                    • Nov 11, 2004

That's horrible news. I understand how you feel. I lost my 18 year old cousin Jason 3 months ago, and I thought it would destroy me. I thought the pain would never go away. Everything around me reminded me of Jason after he was gone. So many memories came flooding back as I tried to make sure I'd never forget him.

I can say this...you'll never forget her, but the pain does go away. It comes back sometimes, but just hang in there. I know that sounds stupid and cliche, and it doesn't seem possible that the pain will ever ease, especially now, in the midst of your grief. But I speak from experience. It gets easier.

My advice is this...don't hold in your thoughts or feelings no matter how trivial or stupid you might think they seem. Talk to people. Let them in. It helps. I was lucky enough that some people were very supportive when I needed it most. You guys and girls know who you are. Without the support of friends and family, I wouldn't be here right now.

Hang in there, Damian. The pain will go away. Even if it doesn't seem possible.
                    Last edited by DocDrako; Jun 3, '07, 11:25 PM.
                    "I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Terrible news, you and your family will be in my thoughts, stay strong and hang in there
                      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Johnny
                        Salty
                        • Oct 1, 2003

Damian, very sorry for your loss.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

I'm so sorry John.
                          sigpic

Comment

• txteach
                            Banned
                            • Jun 17, 2005

I am very sorry to hear this. I will pray for your family.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                              A Ray of Sunshine
                              • Jun 17, 2001

Terrible news! Your Grandmother, you and your family will be in my prayers. Very sorry for your loss!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎