Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New boxed figures, any chance the boxes will be fixed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skullface
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 29, 2012

New boxed figures, any chance the boxes will be fixed?

So we have all seen the new release boxes from ftc with the squatting figures. What are the chances they are going to go to market like this? I like the idea but if that's the final product I'm going to pass. I am not big on complaining about everything they do,I can live with big heads,poor fitted outfits,cheap bodies etc. I keep most stuff packaged so it does not bug me as much as it does many of you. However....I will not buy these if they can't get the box right!, Why?. They have no excuse on this one....if you want me to buy 16 or so figures because of how they were packaged....get it right.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I believe we are seeing the finished product.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• markp67
      • Jun 22, 2010

100% agreed.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Looking at CTVT's site, looks like a lot of box art is not the same as the originals, Superman, Capt. Marvel, WW, Green Arrow, Joker, Penguin I noticed don't use the same back of box art.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

and Aquaman. between the goofy squats and inaccuracy, I'll pass. I was holding out on these until boxes, too.

Comment

• ovenmitt
            Persistent Member
            • May 26, 2009

I thought all of the boxes were to have the original Mego art on the back. Pass. I have Kresge Series 1-3 anyway.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

In the figure descriptions where it says " packaged in classic style window boxes " it says ( same size as the originals ) ! Hope this was added to address our concerns about the boxes being too small. Anyway I already ordered RC Batman and Supergirl last night. If they come in looking good I will order the rest and sell my standard carded and Kresge versions as I always preferred the Mego boxed versions.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 27, 2009

I wonder if the insert was packed by the factory upside down and that's what's caucusing the squats. I haven't seen a vintage box since I was a kid, but if memory serves, there was an insert that had a little block on the top, I wonder if it was placed in upside down. I have to say, even though I own all of theses on the card, I"m sorely tempted to get the boxed versions, as that's my preferred packaging style, but I'm not pre-ordering. I'll wait and see if the squat can be fixed.

Comment

• skullface
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 29, 2012

If you look the header on the top of the box is too fat,so it puts the window down to far. So.....same size box....and still not right.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

They have posted more pics on their Facebook page and it appears the boxes may be okay. I'll feel better once we get a few reviews.

Comment

• rodkeith
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
                      I wonder if the insert was packed by the factory upside down and that's what's caucusing the squats. I haven't seen a vintage box since I was a kid, but if memory serves, there was an insert that had a little block on the top, I wonder if it was placed in upside down. I have to say, even though I own all of theses on the card, I"m sorely tempted to get the boxed versions, as that's my preferred packaging style, but I'm not pre-ordering. I'll wait and see if the squat can be fixed.

I was wondering the same thing today! Especially after they emphasized that the boxes were the same size. Looking again at the images with the squatting, it doesn't seem like the feet are reaching the bottom of the box, which makes me think the flipped insert might be the case. Waiting on someone to have one of these in hand to determine one way or the other.

As I've said here and on FTC's Twitter, either they're going to sell me 14 figures or zero.

Comment

• markp67
                        • Jun 22, 2010

Originally posted by rodkeith
                        I was wondering the same thing today! Especially after they emphasized that the boxes were the same size. Looking again at the images with the squatting, it doesn't seem like the feet are reaching the bottom of the box, which makes me think the flipped insert might be the case. Waiting on someone to have one of these in hand to determine one way or the other.

As I've said here and on FTC's Twitter, either they're going to sell me 14 figures or zero.
                        I hope you guys are correct about the insert. They have to know that by this point in time, they are trying to sell to folks who already have these figures, or at least a good chunk of them. I have purchased a bunch in other, earlier FTC packaging. Being that I have only one original Mego box, I would love to have the FTCs in boxes...but I'm only going to buy figures I already have if the figures fit properly within the boxes, so they are visible without having to bend their knees, making for an odd display.

Comment

• sprytel
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 26, 2009

I was putting away some figures where the insert got caught on the box flap and it has a similar appearance. So I think it is easy to believe these will be salvageable.

...Or maybe it was workout time for the world's greatest superheroes and they were doing their knee bends.

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

I'm glad to see they included the colored inserts, unlike EMCE with their Marvel figures.

Comment

• jayraytee
                              Career Member
                              • May 27, 2011

Here is my bet; I don't think its the backing insert upside down in the box.. doesn't look like enough room for both the little box and their feet to be down there. I bet they made the box the original size, but were forced by DC to make the words above the window a certain size which made the window smaller/lower like the DST/EMCE Captain America one. So they squatted the figures so you can see their faces in the windows.
                              My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎