X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Cloverfield 4/22 DVD

I loved this movie and can't wait to buy it. Anyone else anticipating it's release eagerly?
  • QDOGG
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 13, 2007

Oh yeah! Looking forward to it. Hope there are plenty of extras!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

got it in my netflix Q
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Seeker
        Neptunians RULE!
        • Feb 20, 2008

Can't wait for the DVD. The toy also looks great. $100 is alot though.
        Lo there do I see my Father.
        Lo there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers.
        Lo there do I see the line of my people back to the begining.
        Lo they do call me.
        They bid me take my place among them.
        In the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          got it in my netflix Q
          So did I, with a spot open today. It should have shipped, but it skipped over it and went to another release. I wonder if it's a "Blockbuster only" rental for the first week or whatever. I hate when they do that.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Haven't seen it yet,but yeah i've been waiting for it
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Still never seen it, but all the hype saying the shakey cams make people sick is scaring me away from watching it.

I hate shakey cam scenes......

If the whole movie is like that --- I think i'll pass

Comment

• JPkempo
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 17, 2001

no hi-def so I'm not in a hurry.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Is this really that good ?
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• QDOGG
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 13, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                    Is this really that good ?
                    Hey Jason. I wouldn't really call it good as in Oscar caliber, but it was fun in a "cheesy," way! I'm a big fan of big monster movies, Godzilla, King Kong and such. I also really dig low budget stuff, Full Moon films , 80's horror, and any thing by Frank Henenlotter. So for me it was pretty cool! I was a little disappointed by the final look of the monster, but his little friends were ,"killer" I will say this though I was not to keen of the main human characters, after the first fifteen minutes I turned to my buddy and said I hope every single one of these mf's die! So if you have a little time to waste, check it out, you might enjoy it! I'm hoping the dvd has plenty of extras, cause you know how I love a good back story

Comment

• lepage
                      The Ape General
                      • Aug 12, 2001

Originally posted by QDOGG
                      Hey Jason. I wouldn't really call it good as in Oscar caliber, but it was fun in a "cheesy," way! I'm a big fan of big monster movies, Godzilla, King Kong and such. I also really dig low budget stuff, Full Moon films , 80's horror, and any thing by Frank Henenlotter. So for me it was pretty cool! I was a little disappointed by the final look of the monster, but his little friends were ,"killer" I will say this though I was not to keen of the main human characters, after the first fifteen minutes I turned to my buddy and said I hope every single one of these mf's die! So if you have a little time to waste, check it out, you might enjoy it! I'm hoping the dvd has plenty of extras, cause you know how I love a good back story

So your the other Full moon fan. Here I thought I was the only one!

I myself liked Cloverfield. The shakey camera helped with setting the confusion and chaos.After all, it was an eye witness with a video camera so its actually supposed to be like a documentary. The camera is still when it needs to be for the money shots.

Comment

• JPkempo
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by QDOGG
                        Hey Jason. I wouldn't really call it good as in Oscar caliber,
                        Have you watched the Oscar nominated films from this past year? Most of them are so artsy the average person thinks there just OK.

This is a action sci-fi film out there for fun and profit. The only oscar this type of film would ever get is for FX. This is the kind of film I would rather watch.

Saw "No country for old men" came away from that shaking my head with a *** feeling.

Comment

• QDOGG
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jan 13, 2007

Originally posted by JPkempo
                          Have you watched the Oscar nominated films from this past year? Most of them are so artsy the average person thinks there just OK.

This is a action sci-fi film out there for fun and profit. The only oscar this type of film would ever get is for FX. This is the kind of film I would rather watch.

Saw "No country for old men" came away from that shaking my head with a *** feeling.
                          You know what man I don't think I did see any of this years Oscar contenders I was just using the term as a generalization. I just didn't want to seem like I was hyping it and Jason goes and rents it thinks is sucks and then is PO'd at me for wasting his money! Like I said I enjoyed it,
                          and will be getting it on dvd. I see movies I like or look interesting to me. I never care for what the critics say or how much money it makes. I really dug DOOMSDAY, and it's considered a box office flop! Did you like "No Country for Old Men?" I haven't seen it yet. My friends who saw it said it was good except the end. Guess I will have to check it out! Thanks for your reply.
                          Keep cool
                          Wayne

Comment

• spiderrogue
                            new mego-er
                            • Feb 3, 2008

this was like, if godzilla had really happened...it had that feel of "real life" to it...it wasnt bad, but it wasnt the best flick out there...i'll probably buy it once it hits the prev. viewed movie section at local video store in a month or so....

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Why is the movie called Cloverfield ?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡