X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Custom Projects to Ponder

I've been pondering on a couple of projects and I'm wondering if they will work.

1: I love the new Teen Wonder version of Robin. I have been pondering on buying another one and placing the head and costume on an 8 inch body. Hope it will work and that the costume won't be too small. The Teen Wonder head would look good as part of an 8 inch figure,

2: I am pondering on buying a second Superboy figure and trading costumes with my extra Super Friends Superman so I could have Superman in the lighter blue costume. I would also like to make the extra Superboy into a teenage Clark Kent figure with glasses, red sweater and blue jeans.

3: The only thing I'm afraid to try on my own is tightening the loosely placed heads. I'm hoping somebody with a hobby shop could do it. Am I supposed to use plumber's tape to tighten them?

Anyway, those are projects for ponder.

Cheers
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
    I've been pondering on a couple of projects and I'm wondering if they will work.

1: I love the new Teen Wonder version of Robin. I have been pondering on buying another one and placing the head and costume on an 8 inch body. Hope it will work and that the costume won't be too small. The Teen Wonder head would look good as part of an 8 inch figure,
    Anthony from FTC just confirmed they'll be releasing a Robin this way in the near future.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Vinyl ponytail bands around the neck help fix wobbly heads.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Yep. As far as custom projects go, it is nothing you can't handle. Don't let tightening a loose head intimidate you.

Comment

• Nightwing1589
          • Sep 1, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
          Anthony from FTC just confirmed they'll be releasing a Robin this way in the near future.
          I'm definitely curious if the suit will fit on an 8 inch body if you decide to try it. Otherwise, I'll wait for the official 8" version

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

I thought of something completely obvious. As much as I moan and complain about the lack of more female heads, I thought, why not take a bunch of the Goddess heads and simply get rid of the tiaras by using acetone. Bingo! Five new female heads! I just wish they had a good AA female head.
            Last edited by JediJaida; Jan 19, '17, 6:53 PM.
            JediJaida

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

I'd like to make some Planet of the Apes customs with the Ape clothing they have, it look really nice and I like the variety of colors, but I need Ape heads to work with too.

Comment

• darkbros
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by JediJaida
                I thought of something completely obvious. As much as I moan and complain about the lack of more female heads, I thought, why not take a bunch of the Goddess heads and simply get rid of the tiaras by using acetone. Bingo! Five new female heads! I just wish they had a good AA female head.
                This right here I also don't understand. Surely they have to know there is a market for this?
                Even if they just took one mold and gave us an AA Female with a Brunette, Black and Blonde,
                I can think of three customs off the top of my head I'd buy these for.

I'm tempted to buy the new White Haired Goddess head and try a brown dye job
                (after using acetone to remove all details)on the head, but I'm afraid of ruining the hair even slightly....
                Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

I've emailed them about that several times, and not even a nibble!
                  Last edited by JediJaida; Jan 19, '17, 6:53 PM.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• scott metzger
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    I thought of something completely obvious. As much as I moan and complain about the lack of more female heads, I thought, why not take a bunch of the Goddess heads and simply get rid of the tiaras by using acetone. Bingo! Five new female heads! I just wish they had a good AA female gead.
                    You can also try Testor's liquid cement. I used that a few times on some original Isis and Wonder Woman heads to remove the head jewelry. Just make sure you wipe it right off and don't leave any on to harden. It was worth doing to the original Isis heads because the paint job the eyes was significantly different than the regular Wonder Woman/Supergirl heads (I actually use the Isis head for my custom Wonder Woman; the FTC versions don't look to have that difference, so I think a Goddess head without the tiara is going to be indistinguishable from the standard female head.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎