Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teen Titans Robin (and Wendy and Marvin)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Teen Titans Robin (and Wendy and Marvin)

Opened my Teen Titans Robin and love it, flaws and all! Let's get the problems out the way first...

Yes, the head is too big, no doubt:

Teen Titans Height Comparison 2.jpg
    Teen Titans Height Comparison 1.jpg

And it may be the head, but he Robin is taller than the other Teen Titans as well.

The other nit picky issue is that I wish his tunic wen all the way to the neck. Otherwise...

The costume is excellent! No bagginess here; it fits the body perfectly. The green gloves and shoes are a little off from the green of the ciostume, but... so what! The shoes are well done, the belt is perfect and looped so there is no showing excess. There is also thin wire in the cape to help for posing, A really fun figure!

The head can definitely go on a eight inch figure for a nice New Teen Titans Robin. I also wonder if a Korak head would work for a nice 7" Robin head swap.

Overall, a really nice job from FTC, even if it's a not a perfect fit for the original 7" Teen Titans (mainly the large, more modern looking noggin).

Teen Titans Group.jpg

And just because Superboy was within arms reach, a Superboy photo bomb:

Teen Titans Superboy Photobomb.jpg

I haven't opened Wendy and Marvin yet, but Wow, did FTC nail the look of those! The Super Friends might be my favorite FTC line.
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Good call on the Korak head---I bet that would make for a better, younger Robin. FTC did a nice job on the Titans Robin suit---I may have to give that a shot.

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

I look forward to your Wendy and Marvin pictures. I think the Robin looks nice, too bad they didn't quite nail the scale to match as much as one would like. I'll need to add Wonder Girl and the Wonder Bus to my classic TT figures at some point. I bet Robin looks really great next to a taller Batman.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Again with the giant heads? Really??
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

I picked up Wendy and Marvin, too (my first FTC purchase in years). I think they're great.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• rodkeith
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 16, 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if that Robin head is actually designed for the 8" body, which would go just fine with a New Teen Titans display.

Thanks for the pics, looking forward to Wendy and Marvin!

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks for the photo-review and the Korak suggestion. There're plenty of FTC wins and also plenty of ways to customize the lemons into lemonade.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I'll definitely grab that Robin head for an eight inch teen wonder.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

I moved the Titans Robin head onto the Super Friends Robin body and love it! I would be shocked if that Robin head wasn't originally designed for an 8-inch body.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                    I moved the Titans Robin head onto the Super Friends Robin body and love it! I would be shocked if that Robin head wasn't originally designed for an 8-inch body.
                    Sounds like a great idea!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

IMG_0182.jpg

Here's Robin...

IMG_0183.jpg

along with a time-traveling Superboy

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Just so everyone can get a better appreciation of what Krypt0nite has done here with Robin, and with moving Superboy to a regular, Doc Mego body:

IMG_0182.jpg
                        IMG_0183.jpg

I like the Robin, but I want a more traditional costume with the green pixie shoes. No sure which costume does that the best for me yet.

I am definitely going to look into moving Superboy to a new body!
                        Last edited by TRDouble; Jan 15, '17, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                          Radioactive!
                          • Feb 13, 2010

TRDouble,

The Titans gloves and shoes look good on the upgraded figure--the color is a little off though...and my Robin has weak ankles and needs the extra support of the Super Friends shoes

Comment

• rodkeith
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 16, 2008

I like those upgrades a lot, much prefer the 8" body, so that's likely what I'll do with mine. And between all the Robin pieces we've gotten over the last little while, should be enough options to get Robin the way folks want (assuming one's willing to go to the trouble).

Comment

• zaphod
                              • Dec 19, 2011

Well, maybe look at it like this: being the leader of the Teen Titans gave Robin a "big head" from his super-sized swollen ego. It could be the head isn't large enough. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎