Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, did anyone get any FTC for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • houseofdracula
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 11, 2011

So, did anyone get any FTC for Christmas?

I haven't set it up yet but my wife got me the FTC version of the Mego Batcave.
    It was cool because I had gotten my original one 40 years ago for Christmas.
    The HOURS I spent playing with that cave and those figures as a kid,...
    I really hope that they produce a Mego Batmoblie because the cave is going to look empty without it.
    The House of Dracula - Monster Model Museum.
    https://www.facebook.com/houseofdracula
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Surprisingly due to the timing of their releases, I'll have more for Valentines Day than Christmas. Pumped up for Marvin, Wendy and Mystery Inc
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

I didn't get anything FTC for Christmas, but prior to the holidays I gifted myself with Super Friends Series 3 & 4, and New Teen Titan Series 1.
      Really looking forward to Wendy & Marvin as well as Teen Titans 2 in January!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I got a set of loose 8" Love Gun KISS figures... but they weren't technically for Christmas and I bought them for myself. Does that count? LOL
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

This was the first year in a while where I did not get any Mego related items. There's been SO MUCH in the past few years, I've been a bit burned out so I took a break this holiday and went a different direction. Glad I did too. Been on a bit of a John Wayne kick now for a while. But by this spring I feel confident, I'll be back in the Mego saddle. Sometimes I need to step back when I feel like all I'm doing is catching new releases and not actually enjoying them. I'm trying to enjoy what I have right now.

Comment

• jacoblb
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2009

I got the Stooges and Gilligan's Island characters for Christmas. Actually I got two sets of different Stooge figures. I've been eager to make the other castaways as customs and even, ridiculously, entertained the idea of buying the Exclusive Premiere's Professor figure in order to convert him into a Mego style figure.
            I ordered both Super friends sets 3 & 4 on Dec 22nd and am still waiting. Won't arrive until Saturday even though the box is 1 state away (California) since Monday. It's Amazon giving me the bird because my free Prime membership expired and I know I'm getting hosed for not buying Prime annually.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I will be stocking up with the help of gift cards I received - does that kinda count?

:-)

Comment

• smonte00
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 19, 2005

I got me some Duke boys and some Batman figures too.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I got my usual Socks and Underpants. I buy too many toys as it is.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I got my usual Socks and Underpants. I buy too many toys as it is.
                    Sadly, ditto.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toyman
                      Just Another Collector
                      • Sep 1, 2008

I ordered myself the second set of the Dukes and the EE set of Dukes and Batman figures, hard to pass up at those prices. I also got underwear, a 3 pack of Star Trek tho.
                      Last edited by toyman; Dec 29, '16, 8:14 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

No. I started to put the Teen Titans Van on my Christmas list, but instead decided, "Not Yet," and passed on it. BBTS is finally getting the Dorbz Golden Age Flash in-stock, so as soon as that arrives, I will be having them ship my Loot that includes Super Friends Series 3 and 4. That's the closest I will be getting to FTC/Mego-esque for Christmas.

Comment

• blue devils
                          • Jun 9, 2015

My wife bought me the unmasked Batgirl, Robin, and Batman exclusives from Emerald City comics. I guess I will be getting the Kresge line now.

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Used my Christmas gift money to pick up some Batman 66 figures. My LCS was running some after Christmas clearance sales, with daily progressive discounts. Grabbed Riddler, Shame, Bruce Wayne, Alfred, King Tut, Mr. Freeze, & Bookworm for...80% off ($5.98 each)!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎