X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeWantMegos
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 4, 2010

NECA please make a James Bond line

I would love, love, love a James Bond line from NECA.

Anyone else?
  • Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

A James Bond line covering all the movies and different actors and villains would be great!

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

I'd buy the lot just on general principle. A NECA Bond line would RULE.
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

That would be great, but I'd prefer it in traditional Mego style. NECA makes a good product but I still love the charm of a simpler design without the details. Plus that Rocky Balboa figure was a disaster.

I can think of quite a few Bond mego's I'd like to see.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• MeWantMegos
          Museum Super Collector
          • Apr 4, 2010

I'll take Bond in any format but I don't think he's particularly well-suited to Mego style. I think getting an accurate likeness is probably important to the line. NECA would do that well. Otherwise it comes across as generic men in business suits and tuxes. Having said that I did like the Exclusive Premiere Bond line from years ago. But I think NECA would put their own spin on the line and do a good job.
          Last edited by MeWantMegos; Dec 14, '16, 2:45 PM.

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

Bond figures would need to be in a large enough scale to include lots of cool spy accessories and weapons to help avoid the "men in business suits" impression. I think a 6", 7" or 8" line would be best. 12" works too, but has already been done in that scale. I'm kind of surprised Hot Toys hasn't done Bond yet.

Comment

• Emgee
              • May 5, 2009

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I have some details from the last time a company tried to get an 8" Bond license.

1) They weren't offered any likeness at the time. So you'd get the Bond license but you'd have to negotiate with Daniel Craig and Roger Moore separately.

2) The Bond people were not interested in lower priced toys, they liked the Bond name associated with prestige items. Like watch replicas and the like.

So it doesn't surprise me at all that Big Chief got the license and are starting with one Bond.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

Too bad. That is one line I would get every figure in, unless they made that damn sheriff from Live and Let Die.
                  Last edited by Goblin19; Jan 3, '17, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, an 8" retro line would be a dream come true for me as well.

Big Chief, well, they are so expensive. I have almost all the Sideshows, so I'm good...
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• MeWantMegos
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Apr 4, 2010

Palitoy...

Wow. That is really interesting! Thanks for sharing.

If you don't get likeness rights, what do you get? (Or was it no likeness rights just for the Bond actors?)

Emgee...

And thanks for the news about the Big Chief line.
                      Last edited by MeWantMegos; Dec 19, '16, 2:44 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy

2) The Bond people were not interested in lower priced toys,
                        That does actually make sense for the property. A line of a bunch of guys in tuxes really isn't going to sell a lot of action figures to kids.
                        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Spyweb007
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2006

Bond could also come in a bunch of movie accurate outfits with more play value, like scuba diving gear and wetsuits, ski gear, parachuting outfit, a space suit from Moonraker, and more. It would be a really fun line to collect, but hard to do all the variations and actors and villains from so many movies at a high price point which would require quite a budget to purchase.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 4, 2010

Those Big Chief toys are mighty expensive. I think I'd have to really pick and chose which figures to get. They aren't cheap. But they really seem like they do an excellent job on their figures. I look forward to seeing what they do with the line.

I wonder if another company would be allowed to do a less expensive line...more in the Sideshow price range.

I'd love Bond in a space suit from Moonraker. Connery has a great classic Thunderball look with the wet-suit. But the downside is that his legs are exposed and I generally dislike exposed arms and legs. (Although I love how Mego handled Robin and Wonder Woman's exposed legs.

Comment

• MeWantMegos
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Apr 4, 2010

Not on a computer so I can't post them but looks like pics of the first wave have been published.

Connery is in shadow so you can't clearly see his face. But all looks good. At first glance, Goldfinger doll looks like a pic of the real Mccoy.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎