X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Amazons Attack.

Is anyone reading this series and the tie-ins?

Worth checking out?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • jemboy2004
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2005

I bought the first issue of Amazons Attack and I liked it but anything about WW I like and bought the Wonder Woman title too but then again I always get anything to do with WW.

Comment

• LadyZod
      Superman's Gal Pal
      • Jan 27, 2007

I've been reading it, and it's ok.

I can't help but get that whole "War of the Gods" feeling from it. You know, in the sense that it's not going to mean much in the long term.

I have been wrong about that recently, since it seems every mini series since Idenity Crisis has held importance to the DCU... but there's something about the timing of this event that gives it that FILLER feel.

I guess with Countdown going on, and the hints being dropped everywhere about the Kirby Fourth World stuff making a strong comeback next year, it has that feeling of "What big thing can we throw at you to distract you for a year before the **** really fits the fan."
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
      Check out my art:
      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by LadyZod
        but there's something about the timing of this event that gives it that FILLER feel.
        Wasn't this mini supposed to take place a while ago? But they reworked the idea and held off on it til now I think...
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• brineb
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 26, 2006

I'm reading it, but it seems like there are to many "see issue # of whatever book" for my taste. I prefer a more self contained series, I won't buy books I don't collect just for a follow-up for a miniseries!!!
          I also play with other dolls:
          http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• samurainoir
            Eloquent Member
            • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by The Toyroom
            Wasn't this mini supposed to take place a while ago? But they reworked the idea and held off on it til now I think...
            It was originally supposed to be one of the Countdown to Infinite Crisis minis alongside Villians United, Rann/Thanager War, etc.

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
              Formerly known as Del
              • Dec 12, 2004

I've only had the chance to read the first issue, but so far, I'm really not impressed. I love Wonder Woman, but so many of her regular storylines have been "blah" lately. For those of you who don't want spoilers, skip to the next post now.
              The art is very nice but I don't like the premise of this mini.
              It seems like a bad idea to have the Amazons attack the United States, home of the JLA, JSA, and a whole bunch of other super-powered beings.
              I'm really annoyed that they brought Hippolyta back.
              Did Circe cast some kind of spell on Hippolyta to gain her trust? As many times as that witch has fought WW and the Amazons, and considering the grudge she holds against them for taking her child, I don't understand why Hippolyta ordered the attack without considering why Diana was imprisoned.
              Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
              https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
              http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I don't like the title. I can hear the Fox announcer in my head: "Tonight on Fox....When Amazons Attack!"
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jemboy2004
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2005

Well WW and the Amazons won't have to worry about Circe any more. Hippolyta killed her! I like it but if there is good art and they throw WW in it I'll like most anything.

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by LadyZod
                    I've been reading it, and it's ok.

I can't help but get that whole "War of the Gods" feeling from it. You know, in the sense that it's not going to mean much in the long term.
                    I was reading an interview with George Perez recently, and even he admits what a huge misfire the War of the Gods was.

A real shame given the talent involved. The art was certainly nice.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                      The Packaging King
                      • Dec 31, 2004

I liked the pin-ups and covers in War of the Gods but not much else sticks out in my mind...one of the lesser of the DC cross-overs.
                      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎