X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Black Mary?

I don't know how many are following DC Countdown, but Mary Batson's been running around stripped of her powers and has just encountered the Post-52 Black Adam.

Anyone else think that this cover might mean Black Adam has decided to bestow some of his powers to her?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I dunno....last we knew as of "52", Adam himself was powerless, no? Billy Batson had changed his magic word.

Love that cover though....somewhere along the way Mary gets hooked up with Eclipso, according to the teaser ads for "Countdown". I think Mary Marvel has lots of untapped potential.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• aquatroy
      Permanent Member
      • Apr 28, 2002

Originally posted by The Toyroom
      I dunno....last we knew as of "52", Adam himself was powerless, no? Billy Batson had changed his magic word.
      Correct, but remember in DC time Black Adam has been powerless for a little over a year. Technically, Countdown doesn't take place right after the end of 52. The One Year Later stories are sandwiched between 52 & Countdown.

btw, there is a mini planned that will tell us how BA got his powers back.

Love that cover though....somewhere along the way Mary gets hooked up with Eclipso, according to the teaser ads for "Countdown". I think Mary Marvel has lots of untapped potential.
      While I agree that the Marvels have buckets of untapped potential, I'm not a fan of Benes or the cover. Benes is to slick and Mary's a bit to over sexualized for my taste.
      Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• brineb
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 26, 2006

It looks like she not only got some "Black Power", but breasts as well!!!
        I also play with other dolls:
        http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

Once you go Black...

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎