X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Colouring Book Theatre: Planet of the Apes Activity Book

It's been a while since I cracked the spine of a colouring book so what better a subject than Planet of the Apes?
    I was drawn to this art craft activity book because of this nicely drawn but kind of dark cover from "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes".
    Sheese, even Power Records chose to sidestep Conquest due to it's violent themes. Grab your crayons and join me after the jump!

I was mildy disappointed (but not surprised) to find the guts of this book are only relevant to the original film. Generic George Taylor is on every other page of this thing!

I think it's more of a challenge cutting this out than it would be to put this thing together.

OK, I'm a life long Apes fan and know well more than I should but who the %*^$ is Honorious?

Well, I know how I'm spending my afternoon......

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Good ol' POTA fun!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
      One eyed, wonder
      • Dec 17, 2009

"OK, I'm a life long Apes fan and know well more than I should but who the %*^$ is Honorious?"
      What, don't like a little challenge in your activity/coloring book? lol Worse part is how simple these images are, do not lend well to ease in identification. Nevertheless, I would have guessed Dr. Zaius to be opposite of Taylor and Honorious to be below Taylor. Where are you Jessica? We need help here!

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Pfft, know thy Elders!: http://planetoftheapes.wikia.com/wiki/Honorius

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

They really should have put a gorilla in there. One might be able to guess Honorius (across from "Taylor" who really resembles Landon?) from I guess his brow and fluffier beard, but that's awfully subtle.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

I couldn't tell the apes apart either. But it's still a cool coloring book.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

It's a pretty cool coloring book, but I am a bit surprised they have Honorius and not Urko or Ursus to represent the gorillas.

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

In this one you can color the after-the-hunt Gorilla photography scene on a couple pages.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I always loved this coloring book as a kid and still have it in my collection. Great memories.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎