• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

FTC Carrying cases

Hi all,

Has anyone bought the carrying cases? Do you like them? Are they good for long term storage? Are they worth 40$?

I have a bunch of loose figures in a plastic bin and try as I may, they sometimes get damaged. Perhaps this question is better posted in a different section but how do you store your loose figures?
    Expectation is the death of discovery.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I purchased the carrying case for KISS figures a few years back and was surprised by it's quality. I also left mine in a high traffic area of my office so it spent quite a bit of time getting hit, dinged, and otherwise abused where the average case may not. The result? It looks nearly as good as the day I got it. I say nearly only because I had my toolbox out and accidentally hit it with a screw driver placing a slight notch in the corner of the upper flap where the lid seals. No biggie though. It's a tough case. The double stacked compartments inside neatly hold and preserve 12 figures plus has additional room at the bottom for accessories or more figures. If you utilized all the space available just for figure storage, you could comfortably fit 16 figures in the case. The only enhancement I made to mine is the top of the plastic seal where the pictured inserts slide in. That part is still open.Over time that edge can weather and tear exposing the insert to be damaged. I took a piece of clear industrial sealant tape and ran a strip across the top to prevent anything from damaging that insert. A personal choice, but one I'm glad I did. The case looks great and for me was very much worth the $40 I paid to get it. Plus they store the figures nicely. they look as good as the day I put them in there.

Comment

• comicmike
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 22, 2009

Agreed. Very heavy case.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

This is great to know! Thanks.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I buy Duck mailing boxes, 11.5 x 8.75 x 2.12 inches. The boxes when assembled open from the top with a flapped lid. They are perfect for storing 4-5 8" Mego figures.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎