X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

A Little FTC (CTVT) Fun!

Got in an order for CTVT yesterday and even though my Red Belt was a fail on the DST Retro Daredevil, the rest ended up good. And it made me dig in my ofetn overlooked parts box to find something I previously ordered. and, without further ado...

Here is my Isis on a China body that was part of my order:

CTVT Isis.jpg

The female bodies are still too tight and prone to hunch, but you can adjust them and find that sweet spot to keep them in place. I never owned any female Megos, but I gather many kids list Isis' wrist bands because I almost did while working with the figure!

I took female body number two and finally was able to properly put together my 1st Appearance Batgirl. The original body was ridiculously bad...

FTC 1st Appearance Batgirl Mod.jpg

As I was dressing her, I wished I had bought the yellow molded gloves. Then I sort of recalled I did. after some digging, I realized... I did! I think they wok much better than the oven mitts, while retaining the full retro feel that the Jayna gloves would take away (but that would be perfect on the new Batgirl we are getting).

Finally, I had a megowgsh Aquaman Camo suit stashed from his last Mego Meet sale. So, I ordered a Aquaman head (surprised and how hard the material is) and a set of black and white hands, so I could finally make this (on a Type-S body):

ReMego Aquaman.jpg

The whole trio...
    ReMego Aquaman Batgirl Isis.jpg

And just the girls...
    FTC Batgirl & CTVT Isis.jpg
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Awesome stuff. Love the Aquaman especially, I was quite fond of that mini.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

^^ nice pics ,i built up a couple isis figures my self ,they do look good ,i put one in a package with a temporary Mary marvel card .when i placed the
      order for isis stuff,i also bought a made in china female body ,i guess you have to be specific ,they sent me a made in china body all right ,but the
      high heel version like they used for Lois lane,Martha kent ,Barbara gordon etc.and their ok for the gals with high heels but not for isis ,good thing i
      had a couple extra made in china bodies in my parts box (should have looked ).the standard ones.the high heel feet will make it hard to stand up.yours
      in that pic kinda look like that ,is it ? hard to tell facing forward .like your batgirl update,ill steal your idea for mine .

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

That Isis looks really awesome. I'm tempted to make one myself...

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by tllgn
          ^^ nice pics ,i built up a couple isis figures my self ,they do look good ,i put one in a package with a temporary Mary marvel card .when i placed the
          order for isis stuff,i also bought a made in china female body ,i guess you have to be specific ,they sent me a made in china body all right ,but the
          high heel version like they used for Lois lane,Martha kent ,Barbara gordon etc.and their ok for the gals with high heels but not for isis ,good thing i
          had a couple extra made in china bodies in my parts box (should have looked ).the standard ones.the high heel feet will make it hard to stand up.yours
          in that pic kinda look like that ,is it ? hard to tell facing forward .like your batgirl update,ill steal your idea for mine .
          Isis is a pain to stand up and I think that is why. I didn't even know they had different style of feet, but I did notice that they were a bit rough on the bottom. I am going to have to check some of my other FTC female figures to see how the feet differ from each other. No problems with Batgirl and her boots.

Thanks!

Comment

• wyatterb
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 2, 2001

I didn't realize there was a difference in the feet either. Does anybody have a picture of the 2 different styles?

Comment

• wise guy
              Career Member
              • Dec 29, 2014

CTV Toys has Spectre cloaks and brown hats fot GA Sandman . I was going to do customs but I am thinking we will be getting these two with First Appearance series.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 16, 2014

That Aquaman is nice, that suit gets noooo love, I like it.

Great Job!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎