• Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Bye Bye Bruce Wayne

Grant Morrison confirms the rumor.

http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16024
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Great....Morrrison's run on X-Men, marks the only time I've ever canceled the Book! Now...He's going to RUIN Batman as well! Ya know...sometimes He can be a great Writer...then other times....He goes out of His way to make me HATE Him! Kind of like Frank Miller.
    sigpic

Comment

• MarkStalcup
      Chases Ambulances,Customs
      • Feb 6, 2008

Wow...as if I needed another reason to continue NOT buying comics anymore. Thanks, DC.
      “As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery… we have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace. The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger, attachment, fear and suspicion, while love and compassion and a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.” - The Dalai Lama

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

I'm not worried....yet. Bruce Wayne will always be Batman...he'll find his way back to the cape and cowl eventually. It's too iconic to forever change the status quo otherwise.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I like Tim, but why oh why does everyone think Tim is the best Robin, and the best successor to Batman. Of course we've seen Dick as Batman in "Prodigal" 15 years ago, and Tim would be much better than Damian, but...

Like Anthony said, Bruce will be back. I just don't know if I'm interested enough to follow all of this... and I am a HUGE Batman fan.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• MEMEGO
            Career Member
            • Sep 6, 2007

Hi,
            Anyone, ever noticed how almost everything morrison touches he screws up? batman dead? been done many times in the past from a classic story line in the 80's where batman was supposed to be dead and the villians are each claming they killed him and telling each other how they did it.
            Batman's son being a punisher type Batman, Done Anyone remeber azbats from a decade ago? not many people liked him as batman. Bruce giving up the cape done already in the breaking the bat story line. and dick becoming batman was done in the follow up and was an ok story st most.
            Mr Morrison, stop trying to recreate classic story lines or characters, create new interesting characters and villians for the heros to fight. give them strong villians to fight.
            anyone agree? disagree? let me know.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

This is so lame.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monkey tennis
                "Kiss my face."
                • Jun 8, 2007

Maybe Bruce could have a cup of tea with Cap America in Comic Heaven.
                "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

dude this really sucks ACE! I'd never thought the day would come,when Bruce was no longer the Bat
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Cosmicman
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jul 12, 2005

Yeah, Batman will be dead along with Hal Jordan, Superman, Wally West, Oliver Queen and Aquaman. It is really sad how many times comicbooks attempt this and wind up bringing them back from the dead.

I am still waiting to hear when Steve Rogers is making his return.

Cripes!
                    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Anyone, ever noticed how almost everything morrison touches he screws up?
                      I can't agree that he screws up that much, I've never read his X Men but his JLA might be my favourite run ever. I also think his work on Animal Man was fantastic, loved All Star Superman and enjoyed 52, so his record is above average IMO.

Not liking the sounds of this storyline though...
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• BlackKnight
                        The DarkSide Customizer
                        • Apr 16, 2005

What a Great Day so Far ! I get a Ticket for No SeatBelt,.. When I did have my SeatBelt on,.. but unhooked it to get my Insurance Infomation... & Now this .

Doesn't seem like the smartest thing to do at the Point of the New Movie comming out imo.
                        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

Ok, you all know I don't know Shinola about the superhero comic realm. So as a fan of the 60s series and 60s and 70s cartoons, I'm gonna take the mature approach.

*sticks fingers in ears* "LALALALALALA! I can't hear you! Long Live Batman! Long Live Adam West and Olan Soules! Batman Lives On! He will never die!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~ *Bronx Cheer*
                          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

You guys really ought to read the interview at the link I posted. It says nothing about him dying, just that he will be leaving the role of the Batman. Of the 3 possible successors Morrison mentions, I'm pulling for the original sidekick Mr. Grayson. If Bruce fakes his demise, Dick gets the Wayne fortune and the deed to the mansion, setting him up to carry on the Bat tradition.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

I still think Bruce ends up with amnesia somehow and forgets how to be Batman...he has to learn the ropes all over again so to speak...maybe Batman will have a new secret identity, just not "Bruce Wayne".
                              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎