Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EC Comics 'Exclusive' Solid box action figure set.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boy_Wonder_1978
    Career Member
    • Apr 30, 2015

EC Comics 'Exclusive' Solid box action figure set.

Didn't hear anything about this, but REALLY want a set. 100 pieces worldwide.

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg
    Last edited by Boy_Wonder_1978; Aug 29, '16, 9:58 AM.
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Ok, that title faked me out, I was thinking that this would be about action figures of the Crypt Keeper, Vault Keeper and Old Witch, which would have been awesome.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Yep. That was part of the Friday news feed a few weeks ago. I think the consensus was the Batman edition should have had the RC feature since that is how he came. Probably the same for Robin as well. It's a fun idea but I'm personally not interested at those prices. I've bought allot of variant packaging for huge discounts below the SRP (And with free shipping too). EC is digging their heals in on the shipping. It's a deal breaker for me with those elevated prices.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

passing due to the prices and inaccuracies of Batman and Robin.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

They all have the wrong body...

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I'd overlook that if it was RC Bats.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

These are just wonderful colorful.but the price is ugly.if they were a bit cheaper .i would probably get them.and just switch to rc batman and rm robin (yellow) .what I am waiting for are the window boxs .assuming that ftc has the ok to so them that way.i would buy all the classics again.perhaps next year?.or has emce/diamond tied up the window boxs rights with the legendary marvel superheros .

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by cjefferys
                Ok, that title faked me out, I was thinking that this would be about action figures of the Crypt Keeper, Vault Keeper and Old Witch, which would have been awesome.
                That's what I thought too, the hosts a classic Wally Wood spaceman with the bubble helmet figure, some classic figures form memorable stories/covers (Santa with an axe), etc. I was going to get hyped for it, but then I saw what it actually was, which is still cool, but nowhere near as cool as what I was imagining.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

I got this set. I love them personally. I am going to put RC Batman & Robin in their boxes, just because I want to!

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                    Career Member
                    • Apr 30, 2015

I never realised the RC Batman thing, which does shed a different light on it. These things are meant to be replicas, but are falling short of the mark. They did the same with the RM Robin. Showing the prototype with the exact size mask, but the produced figure came with a smaller more fitting mask. Don't get me wrong, the smaller mask looks much better, but I would have hoped for the bigger more original mask.
                    I am having second thoughts on these boxed figures now and the overall price shipped to the UK is staggering. I'd be looking at around the $200 mark.

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Anyone know if they will add Green Arrow and Shazam solid boxes? just wondering since their pictured
                      on the box, maybe Tarzan too.

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Way to aid alienating your core "nostalgic packaged toy nerd collector" buyers.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Robin NY
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Nov 13, 2008

The box art looks different, did they change/touch up original art?

Comment

• SpaceAgent
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 21, 2009

The solid box Aquaman and Batman were the first superhero toys I ever had. I would love to get these, if they were sold separately. Also, $32.50 each is a bit steep.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Robin NY
                              The box art looks different, did they change/touch up original art?
                              It's not the original Mego artwork. It's the art samples they have been using for their standard retro line. It's good artwork but more in the spirit of what Mego did, not actual copies.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎