X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Remco Mummy...MONSTERIZED!

Remco's mini monster Mummy all charged up and ready to terrorize!

• Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Neat! I love the mini Remco Monsters. Still my favorite Universe Monster toys.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

I'm a sucker for any glow-in-the-dark toys!

I wonder if there's a GITD collection out there somewhere?

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by enyawd72
        I'm a sucker for any glow-in-the-dark toys!

I wonder if there's a GITD collection out there somewhere?
        I am a big fan of GITD toys too. Growing up, my cousin had a GITD model spaceship kit that I loved, but I never saw the box and have no clue what it was, but yeah I was always a sucker for thing that glowed in the dark, and I love that mummy figure pictured.

-M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

FUN! I love the old Monster toys. So many great memories. For me it was more the glowing model kits but these hit the right note too. Lots of love for the art of it.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

I never wanted anything so badly for Christmas as the Remco mini monsters and playset. And I got them! That was hands down the best Christmas ever. I played with those figures for years. Way longer than I should have actually...I still had them into high school.

I remember they goofed too! I got all the glow figures in mailer boxes, but to my surprise the playset came with three non-glow bagged figures as well. Wolfman, Dracula, and Phantom I think.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

That is awesome. Remember when Glow In the Dark was considered an advancement in Toy technology?

I'd rank it up there with 3D, personally, which I discovered through Dynamite magazine.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

So cool! I have the large Monsterizer, but the smaller-scale line is entrancing.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
                  That is awesome. Remember when Glow In the Dark was considered an advancement in Toy technology?
                  I still love GITD, I'd rate the Fighting Furies' Ghost of Cap'n Kidd as one of the best figures ever. Glow toys are so striking, and simple.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

That's awesome. I now have one of every Remco Mini-Monster (not all versions, but one of each character) and the play case. I love 'em.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Is the play-case worth it? I was wondering about getting one for my ReAction set, but I suppose if I did that, I'd also get the small Remcos, too.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Is the play-case worth it? I was wondering about getting one for my ReAction set, but I suppose if I did that, I'd also get the small Remcos, too.
                        I love the playcase and the Reaction figures look great in it.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

They certainly do!

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

I remember a year or two ago, someone was blowing out sealed playcases one after the other on eBay for like $79 each, and I kept loosing out. It's on my list.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

$79? Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎