X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

Early Charlee Flatt Daredevil

I won the ebay auction of the 'very early' Charlee Flatt DareDevil. It is the only Charlee Flatt custom I have every owned, other than a Dracula set. Since I am not a big Flatt collector, I am trying to decide if I want to keep it or sell it off in exchange for some other figures. What would the typical price range for a figure like this be? Frankly I don't even know if I got a good deal or a bad one.

In an auction watch thread, someone said this was one of the early figures where Charlee was making his own boxes and that he used to draw that line on the boots of his DareDevil figures.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (3).jpg
    s-l1600 (4).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    Last edited by jayraytee; Jul 24, '16, 8:40 PM.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

If I can say, pls consider keeping it. It is well done . IMO, it reflects a specific era in Collectors' and Customizers' post history-of-Mego.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

I think it's pretty cool, and I like owning at least one of his figures. It's also pretty cool that it may be one of his very early offerings. I would like to know what the estimated price range on these things are. I've seen people post them before here, but usually it just says taking offers or considering offers. Are they typically in the few hundred dollar range? Does it really depend on the quality of the figure? Does the fact that it's an early Flatt make any difference? I am by far no expert when it comes to his figures.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Anarchy
        Career Member
        • May 26, 2009

I am a huge Flatt collector, I just sold an early DD like the one you own for $49.99. http://www.ebay.com/itm/162121411604...84.m1559.l2649

This is very early and probably wouldn't do more then $100.00. The newer stuff commands some money, or rarer figures that don't come up often. I have seen captain America, hawkeye and spiderman sell from anywhere between 1000.00 and 3000.00. But batmans having a problem pulling 3 to 400. The prices are all over the place and depends on who the buyer is. I agree with the comment above, keep it as its a part of mego and custom history.
        Check out my website dedicated to custom as well as classic and modern action figures! My Charlee Flatt Dedicated website

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎