Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

The World's Mightiest Boy!

Just received Capt. Marvel Jr. today:

image.jpg

image.jpg

FTC really hit a homerun with this one: head is well-sculpted and in scale, the suit is well-tailored and fits great. This figure looks great alongside Mego, Mattel or FTC Captain Marvel and I couldn't be happier with him---great improvement over the prototype pics. Fingers crossed that the Superboy final product turns out as nice!
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Looks great! Just wish they'd given him the right cape.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^ Yes!

Capes aside--dangit!!--this wave is nice and Jr. looks great. I like the costume details, they remind me of the execution of vintage Mego Zarkov/Ming detailing.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 21, '16, 7:09 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

That's a nice figure, but my OCD fanboy can't abide that cape. It's a common coloring mistake, but it's WRONG. It's like making the Super Friends Batman with an inverted Bat-symbol.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• shazam7208
          Career Member
          • Oct 28, 2008

Sweet!

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

Yeah I'm going to have to do something about that cape. I hate to sacrifice the yellow trim, but a plain red cape with a collar is closer to what mego would have done anyway.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Excellent figure! I will absolutely be getting this line. FTC is really killing these. Very nice.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

You guys can't get past the color, I can't stand the collars on these capes.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• greensavage2000
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 9, 2013

Yeah the collar bugs me too. It should be a little longer. I wonder if it was folded down, like it usually is in the comics, if it would look better?

I would have preferred that the lightning bolt wasn't tilted and had no black outline.

Don't get me wrong, I like this figure and plan to get one despite these criticisms. I want to know why Mary has red hair again?

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                    Banned
                    • Jun 23, 2001

Borrowed your pics and flipped. Here's the pics:

This is a nice looking figure. Head still seems a tad on the large side...but the sculpt is really nice. Probably one of the best they've done so far. I might have to grab this one. Does anyone know if these heads can be shrunk like Mego heads? At the least this head needs to be shrunk to Lion Rock scale or Capt Marvel needs to be upsized to 9 inch scale. Just a thought.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

Thanks for flipping the pictures! Junior's head looks well-scaled to me---I have him standing with FTC Green Lantern and Mattel Green Arrow and his head is comparable to theirs. I think it is just the angle of my photos.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                        Borrowed your pics and flipped. Here's the pics:

This is a nice looking figure. Head still seems a tad on the large side...but the sculpt is really nice. Probably one of the best they've done so far. I might have to grab this one. Does anyone know if these heads can be shrunk like Mego heads? At the least this head needs to be shrunk to Lion Rock scale or Capt Marvel needs to be upsized to 9 inch scale. Just a thought.
                        I'd like to try shrinking some of the new heads, if anybody wants to send me some to try with. I would, of course, return the original head to the lender, shrunken.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Is the flesh color painted on? Yecch if so. I thought that lesson was learned already with the later EMCE Treks?
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Is the flesh color painted on? Yecch if so. I thought that lesson was learned already with the later EMCE Treks?
                            That's what I was missing with these! And why they reminded me a little of NECA heads. That might account for some of the roughness we have been seeing on some of the sculpts, or at least, this one. I think Nightwing is painted too, but not Captain Marvel, which might explain the oddness between CM and CMjr more than the styles they are sculpted in.

I usually do not like the painted heads, but in person, I think it looks good and adds a realism to these, but also maybe takes away from the Mego-ness of them.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎