X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knight errant00
    8 Inch Action Figure
    • Nov 15, 2005

Right Limb Shortages?

First, I want to thank FTC/CTVT for all the amazing new lines we've had come our way because of their imagination and dedication, I have Mego-style figures in my collection that I only wished for as a kid.

That said, is there just a shortage of right limbs at their factory?

I got one of the new Plastic Man figures (another from the childhood wish list) and was thrilled to take him out and put him on my shelf and when I went to pose him, his right arm wouldn't move. After a little fiddling, I did get it to move at last -- backwards, because it was a left arm.

Mistakes happen, I get it. But this isn't the second time, or the third that it's happened. I have a Space: 1999 Maya with the same problem, and I've even gotten one when the right leg was a left leg mounted backwards. Do they regularly run short of right limbs at the factory? Is it just workfloor policy to get any limb on and keep the production line moving?

And when it comes to customer service for this . . . well, again, let me say FTC has been great when my '66 Batman was packed wrong so his utility belt emblem rubbed off on the blister or when my Batgirl's chest emblem was was screened so far to one side it was almost under her armpit. But when it comes to these limb issues, I can never get a response from them.

Maybe it's just my bad luck -- has anyone else run into these problems? and have the gotten help for the body issues?
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Anything pre-KISS was the India era. How many have you had since then? I have heard of one here or there, but not the regularity that you mention.

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

I've had one badly printed Aquaman costume. Most of the issues I've had with the bodies are with the female ones either glued at the joints, or coming unglued at the chest. Other than that, most of my issues are with conscious design choices.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

I'd go to FaceBook if i were you and post this on the FTC page. You'll probably not only get a response from FTC, but also responses from other collectors with the same issues.
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• knight errant00
          8 Inch Action Figure
          • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          Anything pre-KISS was the India era. How many have you had since then? I have heard of one here or there, but not the regularity that you mention.
          Yeah, the ones I've had before (Maya, Lucy. one of the Western guys, etc.) were probably the India-era. '66 Batman, reMego Batgirl, etc. have been great -- which is what made Plastic Man such an "Oh no, not again!"

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎