X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grüner Pfeil
    Teen Titan
    • Feb 21, 2016

FTC Retro Isis

Does anyone know if there will be a retro figure of Isis someday? I'm really looking forward to one since it's the last DC figure from the "Mego originals of the 70s".
    I know there could be some problems because of her name (maybe the reason why she hasn't been released yet) but isn't there any possibility of another name or so? It would be great to get one in the future.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I suspect FTC can do the recent DC version of Isis, but not the classic Filmation one.

I think reworking her name is likely, considering...other influences.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Grüner Pfeil
      Teen Titan
      • Feb 21, 2016

I've just found a bit of information concerning another name: They could use the Egyptian version of Isis "Aset".

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Or something generic like "Egyptian Goddess" or something like that.
        JediJaida

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

It's a shame we even have to discuss this rename topic, but Aset or Egyptian (Princess or Goddess) works for me.
          FTC could just sell the clothing, the sandals and female Burnett are already available.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ I sure hope there is no disparity in releasing this because of the name. When we let others adopt and distort images or names we have come to know in a very different way in our tradition, it doesn't mean we have to step aside or defer to one interpretation as the ONLY one that "counts".

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^I absolutely agree with you, but marketers are skittish and reactionary, note the unfortunate concession in the animated series "Archer."

Consistently using the proper term Daesh for the insurgent caliphate would have made all this moot. I don't by any means intend a political discussion, but I love mythology and resent poorly-considered political acronyms intruding into pop culture and literature.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Jul 10, '16, 6:03 PM.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

It's a Filmation right, so I believe that would now be with NBCUniversal.

They could make the head design an actual accessory and be fine.

Comment

• MegoSupergirl
                  • Jul 21, 2014

I'd be happy if they called her Joanna Cameron, after all, she was the reason I wanted an Isis figure back in the day.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

Mego considered using Joanna Cameron's likeness but went with the Super Gals head instead.

I'd love an official Joanna Cameron FTC Isis with her pet bird Tut!

And figures of the 70s Filmation Shazam TV show, Billy, Mentor, and Captain Marvel of course using actors likenesses. I always thought Mego Shazam resembled 2nd Captain Marvel actor John Davey!

And we need Shazam mobile home with blinking lights dome on dashboard to contact the Elders. "Oh, Elders strong, fleet, and wise appear before my seeking eyes!"

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Call her Isis, or don't call her at all! That's my opinion. I don't let 'terror' influence me in the slightest!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

I definitely would want one,but not one with a "doll" face more like Joanna cameron

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

A Joanna Cameron likeness would be nice.

How difficult would it be to get her permission, I wonder?
                          JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎