PDA

View Full Version : New Cast-a-Way Toys Body (yes Steve it's nekkid)

David Lee
Apr 15, '08, 2:42 PM
So we know you guys wanted to see what our MEGO body looked like, so here ya go... I am taking these shots at work, the Body comparison is CTVT,DM,and then ours... I am sorry the other brands don't have hands, no slight intended on these, I just grabbed figures on the way back to work:stars:

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/2/7/castbody1.jpg
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/2/7/castbody2.jpg
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/2/7/castbody3.jpg
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/2/7/castbodycomp.jpg

-Dave

The Bat
Apr 15, '08, 3:04 PM
AWESOME Dave! LOVE the bulked up Arms!! Let Us know when they're for sale! I've got a Custom Nightwing waiting on You!:wink_y:

monkey tennis
Apr 15, '08, 3:07 PM
They are great

Type3Toys
Apr 15, '08, 3:13 PM
They look perfect Dave. I cant wait to snag some of them. Hope you have them at mego meet!

GreenLantern9999
Apr 15, '08, 3:15 PM
I can hardly wait to get my hands on these

David Lee
Apr 15, '08, 3:16 PM
Thanks Fellas!:silly:

Hope you have them at mego meet!

That's the plan!:smiley3:

-Dave

Meule
Apr 15, '08, 3:25 PM
Sweet, love the extra articulation and the bigger upper arms. How are they in weight? Like real Megos or more like DM's?

David Lee
Apr 15, '08, 3:28 PM
Sweet, love the extra articulation and the bigger upper arms. How are they in weight? Like real Megos or more like DM's?

Twixt and tween:silly:

Serously Thomas, a little heavier than Originals and a little lighter than DM's...

-Dave

megoscott
Apr 15, '08, 3:30 PM
Fantastic, David, congratulations. Are the hands interchangeable?

huedell
Apr 15, '08, 3:39 PM
Is it my thoughts running away with me--- or are the hands
on this new body made with the thought of having them hold accessories better
while still attempting to mimic the look of the original Mego hands as much as possible?

To my eyes the hands look VERY simillar to classic Mego hands, but still have
a bit more "curl" to the fingers---a nice compromise to those going for a classic look.

David Lee
Apr 15, '08, 3:49 PM
Is it my thoughts running away with me--- or are the hands
on this new body made with the thought of having them hold accessories better
while still attempting to mimic the look of the original Mego hands as much as possible?

To my eyes the hands look VERY simillar to classic Mego hands, but still have
a bit more "curl" to the fingers---a nice compromise to those going for a classic look.

Yeah, good eye Hugh... these are Rainfall/LJN style hands from the later MEG0 era and they will be a soft, kung-fu Grip like material. We have these, some serious gun grippers, and fists, and boot feet. I'll post pix tonight when I get back home if I can. And yes Scott everything will be interchangable, at least that's the plan. Hands, feet, pins, joints, hardware etc. should all match to a vintage type 2.

Sorry for the wait, I actually snuck home and picked this package up this morning and then hightailed it back to work:stars:

It was worth it:rotfl:

-Dave

huedell
Apr 15, '08, 4:07 PM
That's great news (about the hands) Dave.

For a guy that really tries to ride that thin line between "vintage"
and "practical when it comes to display pose/accessory potential" with my customs--
this'll present quite a few interesting possibilities for "custom creation" choices.

Thanks for the info on your exciting new stuff.

David Lee
Apr 15, '08, 4:14 PM
That's great news (about the hands) Dave.

For a guy that really tries to ride that thin line between "vintage"
and "practical when it comes to display pose/accessory potential" with my customs--

You got it! That's the key for us as well Hugh... Keep the original MEGO flavor and then very subtly and tactfully update to make them more appealing to today's market.

Let's see if it works:silly:

-Dave

Iron_fox85
Apr 15, '08, 4:15 PM
very nice.

hobub
Apr 15, '08, 4:21 PM
Awesome!

The open hand looks based upon the Rainfall Bible figure hands which do hold accessories better (and the swivel bicep matching Mego's pigment 'there he goes again' as well).

misterdroid
Apr 15, '08, 4:24 PM
That's very nice. The right hand looks almost exactly like the hand of a Bible Games Moses figure I picked up the other day... which is cool because I picked up the Moses solely for his swivel biceps and good hands. I can't wait for these figures!

David Lee
Apr 15, '08, 4:40 PM
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/2/7/yessir.jpg
Domo...

thunderbolt
Apr 15, '08, 4:44 PM
Cool, can we get a MSRP for these guys??

David Lee
Apr 15, '08, 4:55 PM
Cool, can we get a MSRP for these guys?? We talked about $8 or so... but don't hold me to it, that could change:costumed-smiley-064

-Dave

The Kryptonite Kid
Apr 15, '08, 4:56 PM
Lookin' good! :licklips: I'm liking the fisted hand and the more modern action figure build. Nice combo of past and present. -Will

fallensaviour
Apr 15, '08, 5:05 PM
:terror: I am so excited by these I think that I now need to go have a shower!?!? :terror:

Seriously those are beauties I can not wait!!!
What a fantastic new body I must say the wait was well worth it thank you!!!

The Bat
Apr 15, '08, 5:11 PM
This so GREAT Dave!!! No more wimpy Mego's! You're fixing one of the big mistakes Mego made....SUPERHEROS with wimpy Arms...GEEZ!!:smiley1:

Mikey
Apr 15, '08, 5:28 PM
Swiveling biceps, KILLER !!!!!!!

Sweet !!!

enaud
Apr 15, '08, 5:32 PM
Awesome!No more embarrassing LJN orange biceps:wink_y:
Do you plan to offer them in other colors/fleshtones?
I'm ready to place an order...just say the word:grin:

David Lee
Apr 15, '08, 5:46 PM
Awesome!No more embarrassing LJN orange biceps:wink_y:
Do you plan to offer them in other colors/fleshtones?
I'm ready to place an order...just say the word:grin:

Flesh and light blue for sure up front:silly:

but yes the plan is to have brown and and maybe other colors and or Glow in the dark etc... ETA is TBD:smiley3:

-Dave

megoscott
Apr 15, '08, 5:49 PM
The arms are a great leap forward. I'd like to see a Green Arrow drawing a bow with that body right away.

The Toyroom
Apr 15, '08, 6:42 PM
Nicely done Guys!

Ivaniski
Apr 15, '08, 6:55 PM
Dave,
You mentioned Gun Gripper hands....(Somebody pinch me!) It's a dream come true.....Here comes the Westerns....YeeHaa. When can i order a baker's dozen from Ya...Partner.

Yeah, good eye Hugh... these are Rainfall/LJN style hands from the later MEG0 era and they will be a soft, kung-fu Grip like material. We have these, some serious gun grippers, and fists, and boot feet. I'll post pix tonight when I get back home if I can. And yes Scott everything will be interchangable, at least that's the plan. Hands, feet, pins, joints, hardware etc. should all match to a vintage type 2.

Sorry for the wait, I actually snuck home and picked this package up this morning and then hightailed it back to work:stars:

It was worth it:rotfl:

-Dave

fallensaviour
Apr 15, '08, 7:43 PM
Are the hands going to be offered in both gun gripping action and closed fist in both right and left or only as pictured??? :drool_y:

boss
Apr 15, '08, 8:15 PM
Dave... I like it. I loved the prototype body you showed last June.

Is this the final product or will that "other" body see the light of day?

Neutron X
Apr 15, '08, 8:47 PM
Niiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!

David Lee
Apr 15, '08, 9:02 PM
Dave... I like it. I loved the prototype body you showed last June.

Is this the final product or will that "other" body see the light of day?

Still the plan Bri... Time table is still unsure, but it's what we want to do!

-Dave

Goblin19
Apr 15, '08, 10:09 PM
Love them. Will definitely use them for some customs.

EMCE Hammer
Apr 15, '08, 10:26 PM
BRAVO!!!!!!!!! My wife just chastised me for getting so excited over "a naked doll body." Looks like I really need to scrape some Mego Meet cash together. These are almost as good as Paco bodies:-)

misterdroid
Apr 15, '08, 11:48 PM
I was just about to place a big order of Doc mego bodies. I may hold off until mego meet now. Mego meet is going to cost me a fortune...

apes3978
Apr 16, '08, 5:48 AM
http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/2/7/yessir.jpg

I have to say I like the look of these bodies. The "swivel arm" function is a big plus.

A couple of questions: Are these going to be the soft plastic like MEGO used on their bodies, or will they be more of the hard plastic style like DR. MEGO's bodies? Also, will the body be made of the same plastic all over: By that I mean with DR. MEGO's bodies, the torso seems to be a different (harder) plastic than the arms and legs, will your's be the same way?

And finally, maybe it's just the angle of the picture causing an optical illusion, but the picture that was on the post I replied to showed the hole where the head will be placed. Is that hole bigger than the other MEGOesque bodies, or am I just seeing things wrong?

lepage
Apr 16, '08, 5:57 AM
That is awesome guys! I cannot wait to get my grubby hands on some!

Tell me,

Will a portion of the sale of these bodys be donated to the foundation for one legged prostitutes!?

Dave Mc
Apr 16, '08, 6:17 AM
These are bound to be popular. The swivel arms are a nice touch. Good work! Can't wait to see them in person.

Earth 2 Chris
Apr 16, '08, 7:05 AM
Wow, looks great David! You and Jason knocked it out of the park!

Chris

SlipperyLilSuckers
Apr 16, '08, 7:31 AM
They look great. Looking forward to their release.

QDOGG
Apr 16, '08, 8:54 AM
Dave you damn tease:grin: That is a really cool body. I liked your earlier prototype body as well. Can't wait till they are available. Gonna spend to much money!

johnmiic
Apr 16, '08, 12:15 PM
Dave,

Looks great. Tackling on a whole body like this must have been a massive undertaking. Maybe you should've made and sold the swivel arms first as replacement pieces. You announced the new body right before `07 Mego Meet and here it is a year later. If you had done it in stages you could've sold arms to people who want to enhance their customs to be more posable. Other body parts, hands and such, could've followed until you had whole new bodies you could sell.

David Lee
Apr 16, '08, 2:14 PM
Dave,

Looks great. Tackling on a whole body like this must have been a massive undertaking. Maybe you should've made and sold the swivel arms first as replacement pieces. You announced the new body right before `07 Mego Meet and here it is a year later. If you had done it in stages you could've sold arms to people who want to enhance their customs to be more posable. Other body parts, hands and such, could've followed until you had whole new bodies you could sell.

Thanks? :stars:

Unfortunately it doesn't quite work like that... the more you make (mold) the cheaper it is. Making Swivels wouldn't be cost effective enough (for us anyway) to do by themselves. Besides, working with China is like nailing Jello to a tree:silly: They want to do big things that make you worth their wild, and this requires family molds of many like things at one time.

We went for a license, and that took longer than we expected (rookie mistake), once we got that we secured 100 percent of our funding (personal preference, but we felt it the best), then we went into production ,the body being one component of our overall needs. It's a lengthy process and we are learning as we go... I promise you neither of us knew how lengthy or complicated it would be... But hey that's life and things should get faster from now on:costumed-smiley-046

-Dave

Action Martin
Apr 16, '08, 5:14 PM
We talked about $8 or so... but don't hold me to it, that could change:costumed-smiley-064

Nice price point. What about for the costumed figures?

David Lee
Apr 16, '08, 5:52 PM
Nice price point. What about for the costumed figures?
Around $20... $25 for Early Bird Specials

K
Apr 16, '08, 7:31 PM
WONDERFUL!!!!!!! :drool_y:

Ivaniski
Apr 16, '08, 8:51 PM
Dave,
As a Huge Western Mego fan, Do you have any pictures of the "some serious gun grippers" hands you had previously mentioned. Incidentally, Kudos on these new bodies Dude.

jessica
Apr 16, '08, 9:10 PM
Congrats on the poseability of these figures. What a huge step forward!! They are fantastic!

David Lee
Apr 16, '08, 9:33 PM
Dave,
As a Huge Western Mego fan, Do you have any pictures of the "some serious gun grippers" hands you had previously mentioned. Incidentally, Kudos on these new bodies Dude.

Well... Jason is packing up for NY so it may be next week on a picture... Sorry about that. It'll be worth the wait believe:smiley3: me

-Dave

starsky
Apr 16, '08, 11:31 PM
great looking figure!!

apes3978
Apr 17, '08, 12:27 AM
I guess I'm not worthy of an answer to my questions. I'll bow first before I ask anything next time.

David Lee
Apr 17, '08, 12:37 AM
I guess I'm not worthy of an answer to my questions. I'll bow first before I ask anything next time.

No need... just busy, sorry for the over site... the neck hole is not larger, it's right on with a vintage figure...

-Dave

Meule
Apr 17, '08, 2:16 AM

And see the first page of this thread for the answer to your other question. Reading is fundamental :wink_y:

megomonkey
Apr 17, '08, 1:24 PM
David L.-

I can't believe my eyes. A salute to your dedication to the "cause". Congrats.

roman
Apr 17, '08, 1:35 PM
awesome!!!

dave.. great job!
these are exciting

will you guys be displaying, selling or taking orders at comic con in nyc this weekend?

i hope to see you guys there

apes3978
Apr 17, '08, 8:31 PM
No need... just busy, sorry for the over site... the neck hole is not larger, it's right on with a vintage figure...

-Dave

Well, they look pretty cool like I said...

I'll probably buy a few myself, especially if you end up making some brown bodies.

And, I'm not being a smarta** here, maybe you did miss my other question, so I'll repeat:

Are these bodies going to be the same softer style of plastic like MEGO used or more like what Dr. Mego uses?

gaga4toyz
Apr 17, '08, 9:22 PM
I'll be in NY on sat sitting with the captain action folks and a pile of new mego goodies. Please come by, I'd like to meet you guys. We'll be offering presale figure with some special goodies. The answer to the body question is, the body samples I have, look and feel like the original mego plastic. Slightly heavier, but lighter than docs. The color looks exactly the same.

apes3978
Apr 18, '08, 1:45 AM
The answer to the body question is, the body samples I have, look and feel like the original mego plastic. Slightly heavier, but lighter than docs. The color looks exactly the same.

Cool, that makes them sound even more appealing.

misterdroid
Apr 18, '08, 1:57 AM
I'll be in NY on sat sitting with the captain action folks and a pile of new mego goodies. Please come by, I'd like to meet you guys. We'll be offering presale figure with some special goodies. The answer to the body question is, the body samples I have, look and feel like the original mego plastic. Slightly heavier, but lighter than docs. The color looks exactly the same.

If there will be presale CA figs in NY, will there be CA figs at megomeet?

sauce
Apr 18, '08, 2:09 AM
I am stoked about these new bods! Wow! Great work!
now how do I get myself a new bod? Oh yeah, exercise....ugh:terror:

Action Martin
Apr 18, '08, 5:18 AM
I don't recall this being mentioned yet, but Captain Action and Dr. Eville are up for pre-order from Castaway Toys. Look for the early bird package here (http://www.castawaytoys.com/).

brineb
Apr 18, '08, 7:39 AM
That bod looks awesome!!! I can't wait to get me some of them!!!