Kresge Retro 8 Inch Emerald City Comics Exclusive Batman with Removable Cowl

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Emerald City
    • Oct 3, 2014

Kresge Retro 8 Inch Emerald City Comics Exclusive Batman with Removable Cowl

Emerald City Comics and Figures Toy Company present the DC Comics Retro Kresge Batman with Removable Cowl Action Figure. Emerald City Comics will be the only venue to offer this replica of this Mego.

This figure includes an authentic cloth outfit with a removable cowl, boots, and gloves and comes in a replica Kresge resealable plastic clamshell packaging.

This Emerald City Comics exclusive is individually numbered to 200 pieces worldwide and is labeled with an Emerald City Exclusive sticker.

$29.99

Should you purchase two Mego figures you are eligible for combined shipping at a $13 savings.

Stellar service, and the best selection of comic books, graphic novels, games, and toys! Your best memories are here at EC!

Chad Rivard
    General Manager
    EC!
    4902 113th Ave N
    Clearwater, FL 33760
    727-398-2665
    Stellar service, and the best selection of comic books, graphic novels, games, and toys! Your best memories are here at EC!
  • warlock664
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 15, 2009

Thanks for offering this, my two arrived a few days ago, glad to have them to pair up with the EC RM Robin Kresge.
    One thing I noticed, though: the backer card on the Exclusive RC Batman is identical to that on the standard Batman Kresge, whereas the backer for the Exclusve RM Robin was unique (4 character heads at the top of the card versus 6 on the standard Kresge, and the Robin pic used was different than the standard). It would've been cool if the RC Batman card had been unique as well, but it's a minor point.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by warlock664
      Thanks for offering this, my two arrived a few days ago, glad to have them to pair up with the EC RM Robin Kresge.
      One thing I noticed, though: the backer card on the Exclusive RC Batman is identical to that on the standard Batman Kresge, whereas the backer for the Exclusve RM Robin was unique (4 character heads at the top of the card versus 6 on the standard Kresge, and the Robin pic used was different than the standard). It would've been cool if the RC Batman card had been unique as well, but it's a minor point.
      Did this RC Batman get the cloth cape like the one on the standard molded head Batman or is it the soft blue vinyl?

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
        Did this RC Batman get the cloth cape like the one on the standard molded head Batman or is it the soft blue vinyl?
        Cloth, like the standard Kresge Batman.

Here's a pic of the EC Exclusive RC Bats and RM Robin Kresges:

And the standard Kresge Bats with the RC Bats (notice the identical cards):

And finally, the standard Kresge Robin with the RC Robin (note the different cards):

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Awesome shots! Thanks for the info and the compare pics. Good to know. I really like them!

Comment

• mego maniac mark
            Career Member
            • Aug 3, 2010

Those look great together! Display them proudly
            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
              Career Member
              • Apr 30, 2015

Is there anyone else that will be ordering the RC Batman from EC that would be willing to order two and ship one to the UK, PLEASE?

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I would order these if their shipping wasn't so insane. In this day and age where everything is mail order, you have to be competitive in that market because there are simply too many people offering really good deals in that arena.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I would order these if their shipping wasn't so insane. In this day and age where everything is mail order, you have to be competitive in that market because there are simply too many people offering really good deals in that arena.
                  how much is shipping, I'm not going to fill out the whole form to find out.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

wow, so I checked it out and shipping and tax gets this guy up to 45 bucks. I guess that is competitive with FTC's outlandish shipping.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Yeah, the shipping alone is like $13.00 which is what I paid for the new Batcave playset to be shipped...from FTC. And the whole "savings" claim to buy two really rubs me wrong since you're already losing your shirt on one. And there's no point in the company offering reasons when I can see the enormous discrepancy in how they charge for the same product on Ebay and how they up the cost and in some cases describe shipping as "free" (such as the Riddler/Robin auction) when the inflated price is clearly covering the shipping in addition to some extra off the top. I understand there is room to play with prices to try and get some return on your investment. It's a free market so all is fair game. But when the costs vary this greatly, especially on new product, it really sends the wrong message to consumers who already have concerns about costs regarding basic service in getting it delivered.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Batman 1966 8-in Retro Mego Emerald City Riddler Green Suit Variant at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
                      Last edited by MIB41; Jul 10, '16, 9:00 PM.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 30, 2015

From a UK buyers POV, no one even comes close to Toycade when it comes to great deals. Fair prices on goods, actual shipping costs and will even help out further than that. If I bought one of the RC Batman exclusives it would cost $30 for the figure, $30 for shipping and a further $30 for the extortionate customs charges.

Most I'd ever pay for a Toycade exclusive would be less than $50 and that would be it.
                        Last edited by Boy_Wonder_1978; Jul 11, '16, 3:06 AM.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Boy_Wonder_1978
                          From a UK buyers POV, no one even comes close to Toycade when it comes to great deals. Fair prices on goods, actual shipping costs and will even help out further than that. If I bought one of the RC Batman exclusives it would cost $30 for the figure, $30 for shipping and a further $30 for the extortionate customs charges.

Most I'd ever pay for a Toycade exclusive would be less than $50 and that would be it.
                          Yep. Toycade is the absolute best at offering great deals all the way around the board. In my book he is the gold standard for how to treat customers right.

Comment

• Emerald City
                            • Oct 3, 2014

Hi folks, Chad here from Emerald City Comics!

We appreciate everyone’s interest and feedback! I would like to address some of the concerns here on the forum. I don’t check the forum on a regular basis, so if you have any more feedback for us, please email me at chad@emeraldcitycomics.com.

Regarding changing the new Batman card: we did want to change the amount of heads on the card, because we try to make things as accurate as possible, but changing cards would have raised the price of the figure, and we wanted to offer this one for only $29.99.

Regarding shipping costs: the $13.50 shipping cost on our online shop for Mego-sized figures is for a USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box. This allows us to give you tracking information for your package, and more importantly, to insure your package so we can easily and quickly send you a replacement if your figure is lost or damaged. Two Mego-sized figures will fit in this box, so we are able to offer the same shipping cost when you order two figures at the same time. When the retail price of the two figures exceeds $50, we actually pay more than the $13.50 shipping cost for additional insurance, and we do not pass that on to the customer.

Regarding our eBay listings for the same figures: first, we made a mistake when pricing some of the listings, which we have since fixed (we realized that through one of the posts here on the forum, so thank you for that!). The new Batman, for example, was supposed to be $37 instead of $47 (our Robin is $10 more, and we forgot to adjust down for this one). We charge more for the figures on eBay to account for the seller’s fees we lose from eBay and PayPal. We would rather not sell these figures on eBay, but we include them there for those who don’t know about our online shop or only have a PayPal account. We get a slight discount on shipping through eBay, so we are able to lower the shipping cost to $13. On our one eBay listing for the Riddler and Robin, we do offer free shipping as a little incentive to get them both (but that still makes them just about the same price as purchasing them directly from our online shop).

Regarding sales tax: we are only required to charge sales tax on items shipped within the state of Florida, where we are based. You do have the option of picking up the item in-store, if you will be in the area.

Regarding international shipping: we have simply not found an inexpensive way to ship internationally. In order to track and insure the package, it usually costs between $25 and $35 to ship internationally, and then the buyer must usually also pay the appropriate customs charge. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you should contact your local customs office for further information.

Thanks again for your interest in our new exclusive figure, and please email me at chad@emeraldcitycomics.com if you have any other questions or concerns!

Chad Rivard
                            General Manager
                            EC!
                            4902 113th Ave N
                            Clearwater, FL 33760
                            727-398-2665

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks, Chad. As a person who has been selling off parts of various collection on eBay for the last two years, I definitely understand that part of it. eBay and PayPal can absolutely kill you on fees, even with their shipping discount. Whenever I do combined shipping, I end up losing a little off the top because I charge at the eBay discounted price. And then insurance for an over $50 item that I pay the difference for too. That all adds up.

You could probably lower site shipping costs by using your own boxes, but I would guess unless you are a big operation like Big Bad Toy Store or Entertainment Earth, that's a huge hassle that doesn't make NOT using a a perfectly sized USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box worth it. I would probably have most of my collections gone by now if it wasn't for trying to find right sized boxes. At least you do get the Diamond comic boxes weekly!

I could be wrong, but from reading posts over time, it sure seems like Toycade loses a lot of money on some of these things. The 12" Harry Potter figures set he had on eBay were ridiculous! I'm still mad I hesitated on those.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎