Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Super Friends Wonder Woman have her LASSO?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Why doesn't Super Friends Wonder Woman have her LASSO?!

The only mistake with FTC awesome Super Friends line is that Wonder Woman does not have her LASSO a glaring Omission! Why didn't FTC just include the same lasso as JLA Wonder Woman has which is what I use. It's just yellow
    string!
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Because that tiny bit of string would have blown the budget on WW. The better question is why don't they upgrade the bodies they use instead of the garbage ones that they continue to use. Especially on the females, just terrible.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

It's yellow string, yet it deserved it's own thread? It's always raining. Bleah.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I like gold elastic for Wonder Woman's lasso. It's sparkly...

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
          It's yellow string, yet it deserved it's own thread? It's always raining. Bleah.
          String. Thread. Hah!

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Because that tiny bit of string would have blown the budget on WW. The better question is why don't they upgrade the bodies they use instead of the garbage ones that they continue to use. Especially on the females, just terrible.
            this^^^^^

but nothing is going to change.As long as people keeping buying them,they won't see the need to change anything

The missing lasso was pathetic, along with 66 Penguin missing his Umbrella and Mr Freeze missing his freeze gun. These figures cost very little to make and the mark up is HIGH. There is no reason they can't include proper accessories. Thanks to Tmello who fixed that issue by making accessories for them. My SF WW has the Retro Mattel Lasso which is great.At least Mattel had some smarts to give her her crucial accessory

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Not sure how you know what the cost to manufacture these figures is, but I doubt its as cheap as you think. You have to factor in freight, licensing, prototyping and sculpting heads, too. The only ones that were less costly were the repro superheroes as all the sculpting was done for those by Mego in the 70s.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Macrocephaly is costing FTC many more sales than missing lassos. You should hear what my comics shop says about some of these offerings. At any rate, I know where the elastic is at JoAnn's . One package takes care of all the vintage and retro Wonder-gals.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎