Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bronx's yearly Homage to the Meet!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

The Bronx's yearly Homage to the Meet!!!

First and Foremost I hope all travelers today made it to their destinations safely and those continuing on tomorrow get home safely and without incident... We set out at 6AM this morning to head home and were clear and traffic free until we got back to good ole NY, half hour delay bringing my brother home to White Plains... Dropped him off at 8:30 and we immediately hit traffic again on the Hutch coming home... Gotta love NYC LOL
    Where to start... Our sixth year and each one better than the one before... The yearly Mego Family reunion! This was a much needed get away this year and what better way than to spend it with people who's company you enjoy so much... Brian and Steve you guys... You Guys... THANK YOU for taking the time to put this together year after year!!! I'll be sure to give you time to breathe before starting the 2017 countdown

As for Everyone else, I can go down the list of people I usually shout out but the list gets bigger and bigger each year. I already miss you all!!! But I definitely have to thank my family; My wife and Daughter, who love and look forward to this event as much as I do and my Brother and Sidekick Scott who came back after a 2 year absence due to family obligations. He really helped with the driving load this year and I really needed that!

This was a different experience for us for it was the first time we had a dealers table so a usually Exausting weekend was amplified 10 fold. Thank you Everyone for the kind words and encouragement we will definitely do it again!!!

Thank you to all the Friends who gave me and my family such great deals and entertained and engaged them.

We are truly Greatful and humbled! I can't believe it's over! Damn it goes by way too fast!!!

Some Highlights of the Weekend... The food... It has not Dissapointed yet. New places we ate at Giordano's for Deep dish, Yummm! Boobys for BBQ... Another Yummm!!! And That Burger Joint... That Patty melt Ooohhhh soooo good!
    Being put in between The Random Noir team... Our extended family from Cinn and Canada and Brian Leitner, who made an triumphant return after a 2 year absence.
    The Panels.. Getting to see and hear about the great works they are putting together so we can enjoy the Hobby all the More.
    The attention to the kids. Man you make them feel amazing about what they do!

*** Edit*** lol
    The Auction... Thank you Toyman Chris for bidding on the Mego Joe!
    The Return of the Mego Meet Photo!!!
    Tomasso Ligotti and Stacy Hummel for having the Yummy Cookies and Cake pops that got us through the Afternoon!!!

*** Edit Again*** lol lol
    We broke our cherries and finally made it into the Mego Suit Saturday Night for the first time EVOR... Can't believe it took us 6 years to get in there

I'll post the Bronx meet in photos in a separate thread but YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
    Last edited by Bronxboykev; Jun 20, '16, 10:29 AM.
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

super happy to be tabling next to the Fiore clan this year. You guys are the best.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
      70's Era Pimp
      • Sep 7, 2011

As always it was great seeing you all!

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

Two thumbs up.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• samurainoir
          Eloquent Member
          • Dec 26, 2006

and these were astonishing to behold. Well done sir!
          joemeet.jpg
          My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎