X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Legend of Link
    Career Member
    • Jun 12, 2010

My Meet with Pictures

WHY DOES TIME HAVE TO FLY SO QUICKLY????

Another year down. Words can't describe how amazing this event is. Every. Single. Year. Constantly improving upon the last.
    I love being able to attend this joyous event and being able to spend copious amounts of time with members of my 2nd family.
    This board and the members who support it are the reason I am into Megos. Megos are more than toys. To me, Megos are the memories and friends you make and the Meet is a place to go and rejoice.

It's only a few hours after the finale of the event and I've already started missing everyone. I was so excited to see all the Veterans that attend every year, not to mention a couple new faces as well! The overall attitude for the Meet seemed very relaxed and "comfy" this year.
    I encourage everyone who has every thought about attending to go. Being able to put faces with names and make friendships beyond typed word is an indescribable feeling. As The Boy, I feel very welcomed by each and every member I've encountered at every Meet. The Meet is a place to check your Egos in at the door, let your guard down, and just enjoy yourself. Start making the plans right now for 2017, I'm confident that it'll be the best Meet yet as continuous improvement is a constant with the amazing coordination team we have.

For those who could not attend, look at all the pictures and posts to come from the event in the next few days and come join us next year. You will be greeted with open arms.

I want to express my upmost respect for those who organized such an amazing event like this Meet.
    Steve, Brian. You guys rock. That alone is such an understatement. I'm sure there are many others that participated in helping and they should be recognized as well, but you gentlemen carry most of the stress. I tip my hat to you gents.

Until next time everyone!
    -Sean

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Hey, the new camera works. Great pictures, Sean.

Now I'm able to show my family the Rankin Bass figures I missed at Scott A's table by 5 minutes.

Thanks for letting me hang with you guys.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

So glad you came up dude. We had a great time and we look forward to our next get-together weekend.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Great pix--thanks for sharing! I love seeing the table set-ups and especially the children's customs.

And good grief, where did that Creeper come from?
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darklord1967
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2008

Wow!! Sensational photos!!! I really missed something good!! That much is clear!!!
          I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

On mobile, so I can't see the pics yet, but I echo everything you said. This year more than any other I was so grateful to be around true friends. Really meant everything to me this year and got me into a better place to re-enter the real world on Wednesday.

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

Pix are fantastic! Man I wish I could have gone! Who's table was it that had the Lincoln Mummy and Dracula?
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Thanks for posting these... I'm so busy taking pics of everything else that I never get pics of my own table

I think it's safe to say that between Sean and Lily Hoyt and others, the mego museum and mego meet can be entrusted to the next generation of Mego enthusiasts
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• darklord1967
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 27, 2008

By any chance, can anyone please tell me the source of the LINK CHAIN worn around the waist of this most excellent custom figure?

I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• Legend of Link
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 12, 2010

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                    Pix are fantastic! Man I wish I could have gone! Who's table was it that had the Lincoln Mummy and Dracula?
                    Get to planning for next year man!

I'm terrible with names, I know someone will chime in eventually for who's table that was.

Originally posted by darklord1967
                    By any chance, can anyone please tell me the source of the LINK CHAIN worn around the waist of this most excellent custom figure?

Scott A. is the man to ask!

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 28, 2013

Wow, excellent pictures! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 20, 2011

Man, those are some great photos of some great stuff!! Man, if I had been there, likely my geek head would've imploded for sure!! Great to see both the talents on display of so many board members along with all of the memorabilia they were showing off! The show organizers should really be commended for a job extra well done!
                        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                          Permanent Member
                          • Mar 7, 2011

Awesome photos... Great to see you guys again! More often than not Photos never do the event Justice until Now!!! Until 2017!

Comment

• sprytel
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 26, 2009

Thanks for the photos. So bummed I still haven't made it there in person, but these pics and recaps are the next best thing.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

the pics rock!! customs contest looks great, and I am now having non-buyers remorse for the monster corner. So much ahi and tomland goodness.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎