X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gummi
    Career Member
    • Dec 2, 2009

Shoes to fit ZICA Yvonne?

Hello everyone. I'm going to be doing a Harley Quinn custom soon, and I can't seem to find any shoes to fit the ZICA Yvonne body. I've tried the regular women's superhero shoes and high heels from CTVT, but they weren't even close to fitting her big feet. Also tried the Knight shoes from Doc because they had that jester look to them, but they look a little clunky on the female body. Do you all have any suggestions on some shoes that may fit? At this point I'm thinking I may just have to go with stocking feet. Thanks for looking.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997
  • Apjac Corny
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 12, 2016

I tried a women's superhero boot on Yvonne and it seems that the foot is too wide to slip on around the toe area. It looks like that if you cut a bit off each side of the foot the boot will slip on. You have to take into account the thickness of the stocking as well.

If you are using boots you could go footless. The boot should fit around the calve just fine with a bodysuit. You could maintain her height by inserting a pin that will bottom out in the boot.

I would wait for others to chime in before you do any cutting, I've yet to do a female custom and haven't really worked with the body yet.

I think the FTC Harley Quinn shoes that are on the figure are unique to her and not the same as the knight/Robin shoes. I'm not sure if CTVT sells them separate.

Luckily the female custom I'm doing with Yvonne is barefoot.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

I've only done a few female (non-superhero) customs with Yvonne, but I believe I used both vintage and repro (via DM) Dinah and Waltons shoes on them. Heated them up for a few moments in hot water and slid them right on. I actually like that her feet look more in scale with her body vs. the old Mego tiny feet, but I understand your retro-fit issue, in width and the heel back.

Also I like using Lion Rock footware on female figs; some interesting variety can be found in that line.

There's some folks around that have knowledge of which Barbi/KO shoes fits Megos too. Would be cool if we had a list or chart or something as it seems there could be many possibilities in that scale crossover.

If all else fails, the dremel is indeed your friend.

Comment

• gummi
        Career Member
        • Dec 2, 2009

Thanks. I tried the hot water trick and was able to stretch them a bit, but it still wasn't even close. I also looked for the Harley Quinn boots separately on the CTVT site, but no dice there either. I thought about buying the CTVT Harley figure just for the outfit, but it looks a bit baggy, so I went ahead and ordered a Harley suit from Austin during his sale. Hopefully the knight shoes won't look quite as clunky with the bodysuit on.

Comment

• daz71
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2014

have you tried shaving the feet with an xacto knife.

Comment

• gummi
            Career Member
            • Dec 2, 2009

Originally posted by daz71
            have you tried shaving the feet with an xacto knife.
            No, I'd like to keep everything intact. Don't really want to shave the feet.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎