X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beatlemania
    • Sep 28, 2014

Help on Starting a Custom Batmobile Build

Greetings!

Yesterday, while shopping through antique malls with my mom, I found quite the surprise at a shop in Danville, Indiana.

It's a Figures Toy Company reproduction of the Batcave playset. I made quite the steal yesterday, as instead of paying the retail $79.99 from FTC, I paid a mere $15, still in it's box and everything. Of course, I had to display it, and I intend to buy a shelf soon to really give it the show it deserves.

Soon after setting it up, however, it came to my attention that this Batcave would look wonderful with a Batmobile to match. However, I'm not a particularly a fan of the original version by Mego, specifically the scale. So, as the title would suggest, I have an interest in building one that is in a better scale, among other things. I've seen a few custom-built vehicles on the forums before, but I don't often see the Batmobile as a custom build. Does anyone have an tips on how one could go about starting this project?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Beatlemania; Jun 13, '16, 11:51 AM.
  • cockyhoskins
    Career Member
    • Jan 13, 2009

Congrats on the score! The definitive thread for a true Mego-scale Batmobile is here:

Alright, I cant keep it under wraps anymore. And frankly, I dont believe I even really want to try. Its just not my style. Ive played coy about it anytime its even mentioned on these boards. But Ive now decided that I might as well just start a thread that chronicles its full progress right up until the last detail.

Truly incredible work!

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎