X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnmiic
    Adrift
    • Sep 6, 2002

Religious Affiliation Comic Book Characters Website

I found this on the web and thought it was pretty interesting. I am not trying to stir up trouble but thought this was a entertaining way to pass the time:

The Religious Affiliation of Comic Book Characters

Excerpt:

"The emphasis of this page is on fictional characters who originated as comic book characters....This page focuses on fictional comic book characters who are adherents of real-world (not purely fictional) religions. (Some fictional religious groups are listed as well, as appropriate.)

Characters are grouped by religious affiliation and are not listed alphabetically. If you are looking for a specific character, try using the "Find" feature of your web browser (you may be able to type "Ctrl-F" or use the the Command-F keyboard shortcut).

http://www.adherents.com/lit/comics/..._religion.html
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

That is an interesting site. Who knew

To add to your threads topic which we could now say is not all about religion.
    I found this the other day doing some research on a couple of possible customs I would like to attempt. There are some great characters on this site, many I had never heard of. These two sites may offer a great opportunity for some creative new custom figures???

Beside that, it is interesting.

Welcome to The Museum of Black Superheroes
    Last edited by SUP-Ronin; Apr 14, '08, 1:53 PM.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
      Formerly known as Del
      • Dec 12, 2004

How did they determine these? I mean, some are obvious. We all know that Kitty Pryde is Jewish. But Batman? I'm having trouble seeing him as religious in any way.
      Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
      https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
      http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
        Career Member
        • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by del
        How did they determine these? I mean, some are obvious. We all know that Kitty Pryde is Jewish. But Batman? I'm having trouble seeing him as religious in any way.

Click on where the religion is listed on the right and there (should be) a link to the material that supports the arguement that Superhero "X" is Religion "Y". Alas, the implied links don't seem to work (at least not for me). Still an interesting site.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Actually, you'd have to be nuts to be an athiest in the DCU or Marvel Universe. With angels, spirits of vengence, hands of God, Satan, demons from Hell all running around, there is obviously an afterlife in those realities.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

^ Yup, Spider-Man just recently learned about devils from Hell (Mephisto) the hard way...
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎