X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Help with accessories?

I need some white weapons and such to keep with the theme. I am drawing a blank on where to get them unless I grab silver stuff and paint it. Any leads on stuff I could find that is molded in white? I am trying to avoid stealing it from the EMCE set, but that's an option.

• daz71
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2014

have you asked doc to cast some in white.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Normally that would be an option, but I am in a time crunch.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

This is looking very cool!!! and I was going to say Doc as well... I know you are in a crunch and would like to display him in his full glory but if worst come to worst he may be able to cast them and bring them to the meet for you.

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

http://duplicolor.com/product/vinyl-and-fabric-coating

The white is really good, though it comes out a little thin, but you can get just about anything plastic or vinyl a nice white with a couple of coats... Auto Zone or O'reily both carry it.

Comment

• megowgsh
            Customego HoF Curator
            • Nov 19, 2003

Also aerosol spray Plati Dip in white may work. I use it all the time
            Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

I've found that "Shrinky Dinks" plastic hardens to just the right thickness for a Mego hand to hold, and is available at the craft store in blank sheets which you can run through your inkjet printer. What I do is find images of the weapons I need online, print them on a plastic sheet at 3x the size I need them to be, cut them out and shrink them in the oven. I know it's not for everybody, but the finished result is interesting. For example, I made a stormtrooper blaster, photo realistic details printed on it but it's flat, no real 3 dimensional details except for the 1/8" thickness of the plastic itself. Again, not a perfect solution, but you can print a sheet of accessories for a project in minutes. Just stay away from the bargain brand shrink plastic if possible, as it sometimes doesn't shrink as evenly as the Shrinky Dinks brand stuff. It's available in white and clear, I like the clear sheets because the printed details are visible on both sides.
              STORMTROOPER_1.jpg

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                I've found that "Shrinky Dinks" plastic hardens to just the right thickness for a Mego hand to hold, and is available at the craft store in blank sheets which you can run through your inkjet printer. What I do is find images of the weapons I need online, print them on a plastic sheet at 3x the size I need them to be, cut them out and shrink them in the oven. I know it's not for everybody, but the finished result is interesting. For example, I made a stormtrooper blaster, photo realistic details printed on it but it's flat, no real 3 dimensional details except for the 1/8" thickness of the plastic itself. Again, not a perfect solution, but you can print a sheet of accessories for a project in minutes. Just stay away from the bargain brand shrink plastic if possible, as it sometimes doesn't shrink as evenly as the Shrinky Dinks brand stuff. It's available in white and clear, I like the clear sheets because the printed details are visible on both sides.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]18578[/ATTACH]
                Now that is innovative!

Comment

• Spyweb007
                  Persistent Member
                  • Apr 18, 2006

It's not perfect, but it's quick and it's cheap!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎