X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoblb
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2009

Wanted Kate From Lost Evangeline Lilly

I'm not ready to buy now, but I was wondering if anyone has any leads on where I can buy a 1:9 scale Evangeline Lilly head? I've seen some nice 1:6 versions, I'd be happy to have a shrunk copy if possible, or even a blown up scale would suffice if anyone went that route. I'm not looking to foot the bill of an expensive sculpting and painting commission, I'm just wanting to paint a resin head of her if someone already has an existing mold for sale.

If there aren't any leads from existing heads, may I be directed to a website where perhaps someone reworked their Lost figure? I'd be curious to see the results. Somedays I ponder if I should dremel off the hair of my Kate figure and try to repaint the face and rework the hair?
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I believe Scott Adams had reworked his LOST Kate head to look better. Do a search under LOST and see what you find
    Last edited by ScottA; Jun 5, '16, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• jacoblb
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2009

Thanks, that one I've seen already albeit a long time ago. I should have clarified that. Anything else out there? I think the likenesses were good on the Lost series save for Kate. I don't think I can do what Scott did and salvage the head because I'll be outside my comfort zone sculpting hair and what not. I'm gonna be down for painting resin heads so if anyone has something in the works please know I'm interested. I'm not an expert painter, I've been a decent cartoonist up till now, but I painted an Ape and a Creature From the Black Lagoon 1:9 that turned out to my satisfaction so along with over a dozen Dr Who heads and hopefully a new Kate head I'll have a handle on painting humans. I figured what with Evangeline Lilly being the Wasp in the Ant-Man sequel Mego scale some fan would have something in the works or would have shrunk and tweaked a 1:6 elf head of hers from The Hobbits.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

I want to be clear that I'm in no way shaming the sculpt of the existing Kate figure. I'm happy to see what others have done. I've only seen what the founder of this board has done with his. What little I know about how things are done making a resin head either as a fun custom or a squishy head en masse for business I am aware a foreign factory paint job can make or beak things.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎