X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mighty Crusaders by Remco

I have a very deep affections for Archie's Superhero characters and while I wish the Remco Mighty Crusader's line was better, I do realize this is the first and possibly only action figure line I'll see in my life time.

Characters like The Web, The Fox, the Comet and the Shield have never really been household names sadly.

This is from the 1985 Remco catalog and there are some awesome things in it that I will share in the coming weeks.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I have a soft spot for these as well. I knew most of the comic characters from the 80s revival, and these were cheap distractions when my Mom went to Dollar General. I had everyone except the Buzzard.

I really like the blue tinted cardback versus the dull gray they ended up releasing.

That extra touch of color makes them seem more exciting and less...generic.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

I see some cool looking Mego customs.
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

When I was flipping through the catalog and came to this page, I kinda thought this might be one big reason why you bought it. The only figure in the line that I ever had was the Buzzard, my father picked it up for me at some yard sale, it took me a few years to figure out who the heck it was!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I recall these well at Children's Palace and remember, too being unimpressed in the wake of MOTU and SuperPowers (which I collected in high school). But now I know the Archie heroes better and like these.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎