X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Super Collector
    Mego Museum Superhero
    • Jul 3, 2011

Aw Yeah Mego Meet 2016 Show Guide and FAQ

With this year’s Mego event being just two weeks away, we thought it might be prudent to provide this handy show guides to newbies (welcome by the way, glad to have you) and as a refresher for our ” Mego Meet Veterans”.
    So here is some informations and “Frequently Asked Questions”
    Where is it?

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago – North Shore Conference Center
    9599 Skokie Blvd, Skokie, IL 60077, United States
    Show Hours:
    Saturday June 18 from 9am to 4pm

Admission:
    Mego Meet Weekend Pass– Gets you, your spouse and children into Mego Meet all Friday for dealer set up. Access to the “Mego Suite” and back on the dealers floor before the doors open.

$25 Click Here to Pre Register

Show Only Access:
    Available at 9am at the door, allows you access to the show and all panels, contests and door prizes.

$10 per adult at the door (kids under 13 are free)

Dealer Tables–
    A limited amount of dealer tables are available. Dealer table does not include show admission.

$25 each Click here to check for availability.

Dealer set up begins on Friday morning until about 8pm when the doors close, doors open at 7am Saturday again for dealers and weekend pass holders.

Are Kid’s Allowed?

We encourage you to bring your kids, we have contests and crafts for them as well as door prizes specifically for them.

Is it a Mego Only show?

Heck no, we just love toys, be them vintage or new. While our focus is Mego, we welcome everybody. Even if you don’t collect Mego you’ll probably find something you’re into at Mego Meet (but obviously our dealer’s room has a drop dead selection of Mego too)

Door Prizes?
    All attendees are automatically entered into our daily drawings of Mego Meet door prizes as are your kids in a separate drawing. This year we have prizes from NECA, Lego, Figures Toy Company, Hasbro and Bif Bang Pow! The pile is always growing too.

Show Events:
    Launch Party at Aw Yeah Comics in Beautiful Down Town Skokie

This year we’re launching Aw Yeah Mego Meet 2016 with a special launch party Thursday night at Aw Yeah Comics Skokie. Come visit the home of Action Cat and meet famous cartoonist Art Baltazar! Come join us usher in a new Mego Meet and enjoy some refreshments in beautiful down town Skokie!

Guest Presenters at Aw Yeah Mego Meet 2016
    EMCE Toys – Dr Mego
    Cast-A-Way Toys- David Lee
    Random Noir- Ed and Scott

Demonstrations and displays at Aw Yeah Mego Meet 2016

Austin Hough – Heads and suits
    Matt Mejia – Sculpting
    Roberto Williams – ’66 Batmobile in true Mego scale

Kid’s Custom Contest (with prizes)

Remastered Mego Commercials will be played on the show floor.

Auction Preview

The Aw Yeah Mego Meet Customs Bandwith Benefit auction is our most popular annual feature and showcases stunning creations from our talented pool of artisans. Even if you’re not attending, you can bid live at www.thebigtoyauction.com

I have a question about Mego Meet that isn’t answered here

Hit us up on the Mego Meet Facebook page or through the MM Forum. We’ll take care of you.

Want a little more of what to expect, check out this video of last year’s festivities!

With this year’s Mego event being just two weeks away, we thought it might be prudent to provide this handy show guides to newbies (welcome by the way, glad to have you) and as a refresher for our ” Mego Meet Veterans”. So here is some informations and “Frequently Asked Questions” Where is it? DoubleTree…Read more →
    The Mego Museum Superhero from the year 2011
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Hi, thanks for the above info, I am second year "virgin" I went to the Saturday last year and loved it, a bit overwhelming.

I have some questions

How much cash should I bring? do dealers take "plastic"?

What is proper etiquette? I know most of you all know each other, and I don't want to be a "tourist",but at the same time, I kind of want to get familiar with some of the people behind all this.

Are there dealers who will take commissions for request figures?

I missed Friday last year, I hope to be there this Friday, anything special happening on Fridays?

I take it there will be another auction this year.

If there is anything else I have neglected to inquire about, let me know.

And to the one gentleman, who I met last year, (who had a table where he just made COSTUMES!!); THANK YOU for being so friendly and making me welcome, as a first timer, you told me your name, but sadly, I forgot it. Thank you, sir!

Thanks ALL!

Jorge Galvan.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Hi Jorge, thanks for posting.

How much cash should I bring? do dealers take "plastic"?
      I can't objectively say how much you should bring because mileage varies but some of our vendors do take plastic/paypal.

What is proper etiquette? I know most of you all know each other, and I don't want to be a "tourist",but at the same time, I kind of want to get familiar with some of the people behind all this.
      There is no real protocol, you're welcome, just come in and start chatting with folks. Not everybody who attends MM is a Museum member, in fact we've made some friends who simply show at MM every year.

Are there dealers who will take commissions for request figures?
      Most definitely.

I missed Friday last year, I hope to be there this Friday, anything special happening on Fridays?
      It's kind of an even more casual version of Saturday, more chatting.

I take it there will be another auction this year.
      Yup!

If there is anything else I have neglected to inquire about, let me know.
      I appreciate the additional questions, i knew i missed some stuff.

And to the one gentleman, who I met last year, (who had a table where he just made COSTUMES!!); THANK YOU for being so friendly and making me welcome, as a first timer, you told me your name, but sadly, I forgot it. Thank you, sir!
      That sounds like Austin.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• samurainoir
        Eloquent Member
        • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
        And to the one gentleman, who I met last year, (who had a table where he just made COSTUMES!!); THANK YOU for being so friendly and making me welcome, as a first timer, you told me your name, but sadly, I forgot it. .
        Yes, if it's the larger than life gregarious gentleman, it was certainly Austin, who worked non-stop all day making custom suits to order for attendees. Highly recommended. Pro-quality stuff.

It appears that you just missed his suit/head sale by a day or two, but his selection can be overwhelming, so I'd suggest checking out this thread, seeing what he has, and perhaps contacting him in advance about what you are interested in and he can advise you in the best way to proceed.
        http://megomuseum.com/community/show...6-EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!!!

and I can understand how intimidating it might be to walk into a room filled with people who seem to already know each other and have history, both online and in person over numerous Mego Meets. I was just thinking about my first time at Mego Meet so long ago, and it does feel like you are the new kid in school.

All I can say is, try not to be shy. This is a room filled with people who automatically LOVE all the same things you LOVE, so much that they travel a great distance to be around other like-minded folks. We're all socially awkward in our own ways, but we're all toy loving misfits too.

There is a great deal of socializing which goes on after show and business hours in the Mego Suite, on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Bring some drinks and snacks to share, and join in the fun. You'll likely see many of us working away on customs in the Mego suite too... come up to any of us and start asking questions! This was how I got my start customizing, and everyone is full of helpful suggestions for newbies to the hobby.
        My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks for posting the questions...and answers......as I'm a first timer. Very helpful.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            Thanks for posting the questions...and answers......as I'm a first timer. Very helpful.
            We're very welcoming to first timers, here's last year's welcoming ceremony.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
              Career Member
              • Jun 8, 2015

QUESTIONS: SO are people allowed to come Friday or not? If so, is it $25 bucks for the weekend or $10 each day??? And what hours Friday???

And will there be any panels on Saturday????

thanks.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

QUESTIONS: SO are people allowed to come Friday or not? If so, is it $25 bucks for the weekend or $10 each day??? And what hours Friday???
                People with the weekend pass can come in Friday for the dealer set up and swap meet. Roughly noon to 8pm. It's $25 and it includes Saturday.

People just looking to go to the show, pay $10 on Saturday morning at 9am. If you're just planning on coming Saturday, then i recommend not preregistering and just paying at the door.

And will there be any panels on Saturday????
                Panels are all on Saturday
                Guest Presenters at Aw Yeah Mego Meet 2016
                EMCE Toys – Dr Mego
                Cast-A-Way Toys- David Lee
                Random Noir- Ed and Scott

Demonstrations and displays at Aw Yeah Mego Meet 2016

Austin Hough – Heads and suits
                Matt Mejia – Sculpting
                Roberto Williams – ’66 Batmobile in true Mego scale

Kid’s Custom Contest (with prizes)

Remastered Mego Commercials will be played on the show floor.

Door Prizes all day and our friends at Figures Toy Company sponsored us this year.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                  Door Prizes all day and our friends at Figures Toy Company sponsored us this year.
                  Wow, that is very cool of them!
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by pmwasson
                    Wow, that is very cool of them!
                    Yeah, I haven't seen what they sent but it's A LOT.

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

I came in super late last year and missed the registration table. So - will that be set up on Friday, and is it near the dealer table area?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by rche
                        I came in super late last year and missed the registration table. So - will that be set up on Friday, and is it near the dealer table area?
                        y

Yes, and you need to go past it to get to the dealer rooms. You will probably be greeted by a shy Canadian boy. I thought you were already registered, but you do need to check in to get ticketed for door prize drawings.

Comment

• Type3Toys
                          Home Of The Type3 Body
                          • Jan 18, 2005

Cant wait to see the pics posted of the event!
                          LOOK
                          Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                          For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                          To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                            y

Yes, and you need to go past it to get to the dealer rooms. You will probably be greeted by a shy Canadian boy. I thought you were already registered, but you do need to check in to get ticketed for door prize drawings.
                            thankx - I am registered; I just wanted to make sure I knew where to go if there was any sort of nametag/badge/swag sort of thing.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, come pick uo yer badge, there will be goodies and raffle tix.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎