X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Superboy Prime
    Career Member
    • Nov 27, 2009

The Wrangling of Wrestlefest...

As a child, I was a crazed fanatic for pro wrestling along with my neighborhood friends that ruled the decade of the '80s. During that time the legendary video game WWF Wrestlefest invaded arcades all across the country. We were but a few kids among millions that enjoyed the endless hours of playing it. But unlike all the others, my enjoyment quickly took a drastic turn to obsession that became a 25 year journey to own it. Was I delusional to want something so far out of reach? Read the blog, I had to call; The Wrangling of Wrestlefest and find out!

If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

When I trained to be a wrestler some 15 years ago (ugh!), we had the game in the training facility, but I never played it and I dont think it was the four player version, either. Loved the story and happy you got the game!

By the way, did you see this??

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
      Career Member
      • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
      When I trained to be a wrestler some 15 years ago (ugh!), we had the game in the training facility, but I never played it and I dont think it was the four player version, either. Loved the story and happy you got the game!

By the way, did you see this??
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rDZqPJUco
      It would be blasphemy to play that new version known as Wrestlesuck!

Only the original for me!
      If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• mazinz
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 2, 2007

I loved playing this game and wished it had a home version back then. Two places both not exactly close by me had this arcade game. It wals also one game I sought out after learning about MAME so many years ago. Great button mashing fun
        "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

When they released Royal Rumble for the Sega Genesis back in the day,it came pretty close to being as good. Close but not quite.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
            Career Member
            • Nov 27, 2009

Today, it still holds up to its greatness...

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

I bought the arcade machine like 10 years ago, but had no space so I gave it to my brother like 3 years ago Loved using the Warrior and mr.Perfect
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                Career Member
                • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by toys2cool
                I bought the arcade machine like 10 years ago, but had no space so I gave it to my brother like 3 years ago Loved using the Warrior and mr.Perfect
                You got a great collection. I have the carded LJN Warrior figure other than the Wrestlefest console.

My friend who's one of the world's largest authentic Wrestling memorabilia collectors has the Jim Justice boots given to him by Tony Atlas. They have "Jim Hellwig" written inside each boot. Warrior gave them to Tony before he left to the WCCW to become the Dingo Warrior and Tony had them until he sold them to my friend last year. I must say I put the boots on and laced them up one time because I couldn't resist.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Mego Superboy Prime
                  You got a great collection. I have the carded LJN Warrior figure other than the Wrestlefest console.

My friend who's one of the world's largest authentic Wrestling memorabilia collectors has the Jim Justice boots given to him by Tony Atlas. They have "Jim Hellwig" written inside each boot. Warrior gave them to Tony before he left to the WCCW to become the Dingo Warrior and Tony had them until he sold them to my friend last year. I must say I put the boots on and laced them up one time because I couldn't resist.
                  thanx man ,ha ha yea I had tried on the singlet myself.. the LJN Warrior on card is a great piece, do you have a pic you can post?
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎