X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Mattel figures in original cards

I still have a complete set of Mattel figures on their cards.

Does anyone think they will ever be worth reselling on their original cards? Or can they be removed at this point for easier storage?

If I did this, is there any way to remove them from the cards without completely trashing the cards?

JeffBearCO
  • nobody
    banjo!
    • Jan 26, 2012

I have heard if you put acetone on the back of the card/blister it will pop of and card is saved. They do that with SW cards I think.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
      I still have a complete set of Mattel figures on their cards.

Does anyone think they will ever be worth reselling on their original cards? Or can they be removed at this point for easier storage?

If I did this, is there any way to remove them from the cards without completely trashing the cards?

JeffBearCO
      FTC seems to take a bite out of the value of carded Mattel Retro-Action Heroes with every release. I have an unopened set too, mainly because I never got around to opening them, and then I read about all of the QC issues with the body and thought they were better left on the card. The only ones that seem to holding their value are Wonder Woman, Two Face (dropping), Lex Luthor and The Flash (but for how much longer?). Batman fluctuates, but be patient enough and you can get him for $20 on Amazon.

They may go up in price again one day, but who knows. If you just plan to store them anyway and can afford the room, keep them carded. If people rediscover them in a five years, you may be able to sell them for good value. If not, well, no harm done in keeping them carded.

Comment

• jeffbearco
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2011

From what I've heard, once they are out of the cases they aren't worth much unless you replace the bodies completely.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Flash held some pretty descent value for a while but I see where he's starting to sell below $40, so there are certainly some diminished returns here. But that's the ebb and flow of the hobby. Ultimately I place personal value on them and that is where they ultimately stay.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎