X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Late to the Party: Super Powers The Flash

I finally got my DST Deadpool and Thor last week and after putting Deadpool on a Type S body, I figured I would take advantage of a rare spare moment and move my Flash onto one too. I am actually a bit surprised about the figure and in a good way!

First, the transfer went pretty flawless, as did my other SP transfers. The body suit fit well and no underwear helps hid the bigger hips of the Type S body. The head's neck plug is small, thereby making a uncareful twist of the head pop it out of the hole. It still fits better than on the Fist Fighter body, where the head was very loose.

The part that shocked me the most were the gloves. I was prepared to ditch them as soon as possible, but I actually like them! I thought they were the 1966 Batman style gloves, but they are the Closed Fisted Molded Gloves that CTVT sells on their site. They fit over the hands and look more proportionate than the '66 style gloves. I think they look great! The full length sleeves fit great inside the gloves too. Maybe I will try the red hands on my second Flash, or wait to see if FTC chooses that style for The Flash Series 1.

The head is probably a tad big, maybe bigger than that when I have him standing next to Deadpool. But I think that it looks fine; and it makes for a nice pose that reminds me of a old 1970s Neal Adams Flash Sticker that I had as a kid.

A 70s kid's dream come true!

Anyway, here are my pics of The Flash on a Type S body!

And just for fun....

• Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

Great pictures! I go back and forth on the gloves---the red hands are more streamlined BUT the gloves do look sharp and balance out the slightly oversized head.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
      Career Member
      • Apr 30, 2015

Would love The Flash on a Kresge card.... Mr Toycade????

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

WOW! Love that Flash!!
        sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

Hoping they do winged boots for either Super Friends Flash or for the Flash wave! Other than that I love it!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Holding out for SF Flash but he's pretty swell.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

The Flash looks amazing, great job.

Comment

• Figure8
                Museum Patron
                • May 18, 2016

I finally found this figure on German Amazon for an affordable price and ordered it yesterday. It's really difficult to obtain Retro-Megos over here. You have to be very patient and usually pay ridiculous prices. Actually it's a lot like in the original Mego-days, since the WGSH were never sold here in Germany! I have been looking forward to FTC's Flash ever since it was announced ages ago. I really like his look, the head sculpt says Garcia-Lopez to me. I'm just wondering about his hands: pictures on Amazon and on FTC's site show him with flesh-colored hands - without gloves. But Flash does come with the red gloves, doesn't he? I kind of like those and prefer them to the more delicate, less Mego-like gloves used for the Batman66 line.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Figure8
                  I finally found this figure on German Amazon for an affordable price and ordered it yesterday. It's really difficult to obtain Retro-Megos over here. You have to be very patient and usually pay ridiculous prices. Actually it's a lot like in the original Mego-days, since the WGSH were never sold here in Germany! I have been looking forward to FTC's Flash ever since it was announced ages ago. I really like his look, the head sculpt says Garcia-Lopez to me. I'm just wondering about his hands: pictures on Amazon and on FTC's site show him with flesh-colored hands - without gloves. But Flash does come with the red gloves, doesn't he? I kind of like those and prefer them to the more delicate, less Mego-like gloves used for the Batman66 line.
                  Besides the body I put him on, what you see in the picture is what you get, so yes, he does come with the gloves And the flesh colored hands inside of the gloves.

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

Looks great!
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Very cool pics! I really like the Flash head, just holding out until they get the regular series on the shelves. I think I might also put some Mattel Flash boots on mine when I get him. I kind of miss not having the winged booted and treads. But this is very much in the Mego tradition so it's very nice. Thanks for sharing the pics! And yes, I do agree the gloves look pretty cool after all. You know the more I look at those, the more I think they would look good on a Mego Cap too.

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by MIB41
                        Very cool pics! I really like the Flash head, just holding out until they get the regular series on the shelves. I think I might also put some Mattel Flash boots on mine when I get him. I kind of miss not having the winged booted and treads. But this is very much in the Mego tradition so it's very nice. Thanks for sharing the pics! And yes, I do agree the gloves look pretty cool after all. You know the more I look at those, the more I think they would look good on a Mego Cap too.
                        Thanks!

CTVT has a similay glove with a flair out on the end. I've been wanting to order a pair to see how they look. Those might be nice for Cap too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

I really like this Flash. May wait on the regular red handed version, however.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            I really like this Flash. May wait on the regular red handed version, however.

Chris
                            The wait is over:

Comment

• Figure8
                              Museum Patron
                              • May 18, 2016

I got my Fistfighter Flash today. Wish I could say it was worth the wait, but I think he looked much better in the pictures. There are just too many flaws. I really liked the Mattel version, but that line took its liberties with the Mego-style. I still wished for the figure 'that Mego would have made' - but this isn't it IMO. The biggest problem is his head: it's not gigantic, but it IS too big. It's just out of scale, it just doesn't look right. And I really don't get why his 'lightning belt' is so high up his waist. It looks like he yanked up his pants for comic effect ... Also his suit should have been one piece, the seams for the legs look awkward. I liked the red gloves better in the photos, but they are the smallest problem.
                              I could add that the chest emblem on my figure is flawed. The black line around the white circle is slightly off. It looks blurred and I don't think it's a 'speed effect' ...
                              I really wanted to like this Flash, but my first impression is disappointing. Sometimes I change my mind about figures and I still hope this one will grow on me a bit more ...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎