Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aceclone
    • Sep 3, 2013

Looking for customizer to shrink my KISS talismans to 1/6 and 1/9 scale

I always thought it would be cool to make a set of 1/6 and 1/9 scale KISS talismans (from "KISS Meets the Phantom" movie), complete with the cigar type box. I have a complete replica set that could be used to shrink down to these scales. Is there anyone here who I could commission to do this??
  • ZMOQ
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by aceclone
    I always thought it would be cool to make a set of 1/6 and 1/9 scale KISS talismans (from "KISS Meets the Phantom" movie), complete with the cigar type box. I have a complete replica set that could be used to shrink down to these scales. Is there anyone here who I could commission to do this??
    I have some ideas on how it can be done. This would be for people without a 3D printer.

1) Buy transparent polymer clay (like FIMO or Sculpey). It won't be crystal clear- it would be semi-opaque but a light could illuminate your objects from behind.
    2) Buy opaque red or black polymer clay for the inner box tray.
    3) Make the talismans using the transparent clay. Bake. Then mold the red or black clay around the talismans and cut into a rectangular shape. This is the inner tray.
    4) Build a wooden box around this. Leave room for a false bottom.
    5) Buy a 2-pack of battery-operated tealight candles at the Dollar Tree... note... this is important... The Dollar Tree's bulbs have the flicker chip built into the bulb. This is incredibly space efficient.
    6) Buy a CR-2032 battery holder with switch on ebay.
    7) Solder the bulb to the wire leads of the CR-2032 battery holder.
    8) Hot glue the bulb under the talisman tray. Slide the CR-2032 battery holder in the false bottom of the box. Drill a hole in the side of the box to access the switch.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎