Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vinny0026 Vin's Universe Maxim Cover Girl Mary Jane Watson!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Sorry Kids - This one is NOT for sale!
    So I wanted to make this figure ever since I saw this Amazing Maxim Cover / Art Work Drawn by the Incredible Jamie Tyndall - His Covers and Artwork are just out of this world! What a truly gifted artist.

I have been working on her on and off for a while - I could not get the head right until my friend Diana came along with her Fantastic Re-Roots. I told her what I needed and she came through for me with flying colors - Thanks Diana

She Re-rooted the head for me, I painted it and added the headband - some of the details were hard to capture with the camera and don't show up in all the pictures - that is why I had to use multiple pictures of the same pose but some with flash on, some with it off and some with different settings etc.

I made the suit with some help from a friend. Laser Mego hooked me up with the decals that I needed to finish her off Thanks Paul, The Toyroom hooked me up with the cardbacker - Thanks Anthony. I had to make the Belly Ring to finish her off.

Thanks for looking!
    Enjoy!

"Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"
  • supes
    For the love of Mego's!
    • Jan 19, 2004

She came out amazing!!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Type3Toys
      Home Of The Type3 Body
      • Jan 18, 2005

She looks great!
      LOOK
      Action Figure Design & Prototypes
      For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
      To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• daz71
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2014

wow she is great vinny love the fabric you used for the outfit is it stretchy? the hair is great too it's good to see hair covering the forehead for a change.perfect from head to toe.

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Grimjohn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 28, 2011

Oh my, that is sheer perfection Vinny! Such meticulous attention to detail, love it!
            My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

Amazing job, Vin.

Comment

• KosmiCKennY
                Igo ugo we all go 4 mego!
                • May 13, 2004

WOW!! She is gorgeous!! Great Job Vinny!!!

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Just can't get over how you do it? amazing work as always.

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

That rubber clothing voodoo is something else!… I think you gave us a peak at that magic before. I'm super intrigued by the material your using. Can the lower legs still bend and not damage the rubber over time?

Oh and for what it's worth, I think your Mego version is way more interesting than the cliche-pervy-drawing. Great work!
                    Last edited by Confessional; May 1, '16, 3:08 PM. Reason: … yeah!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

Damn That's Hawt!!!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 28, 2013

She looks fantastic. From top to bottom a beautiful job.

Comment

• Riderfan
                          Megos are cool
                          • Feb 14, 2012

Too cool!

K
                          I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• Vinny0026
                            Year Five!!
                            • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Confessional
                            That rubber clothing voodoo is something else!… I think you gave us a peak at that magic before. I'm super intrigued by the material your using. Can the lower legs still bend and not damage the rubber over time?

Oh and for what it's worth, I think your Mego version is way more interesting than the cliche-pervy-drawing. Great work!
                            You are correct - I have made a few suits out of this stuff in the past: Mary Death, Black Cat, American Dream, A different version of MJ etc..
                            The process is still to complicated to share - I continue to work on these suits and work out the bugs on them before I can fill you guys in on the process. So far only 1 figure has had a defect with this material - Ironically it was being used for this version of MJ (I originally planned on making 2 of these 1 for me and 1 to sell). They were both made at the same time. One was tucked away in a clam shell with her card waiting for the head. The other I had kept out as I was trying out several options for her head. So my wife was cleaning the table off, and normally she puts my tools and stuff I'm working on the ledge of my Bow windows. If you have seen these from the inside there is a lot of room to throw stuff. Anyway - I did not know it was there and it must have sat there for a week or so. By the time I went looking for a tool or her - the suit had been badly damaged by the heat. it dried up and faded and cracked etc. Out of the 5/6 figures I had used this stuff on - it was the only one that had shown this defect. But it was also the only one left to dry up in sunlight like a Vampire. The rest of them are all safe and sound. So 1 lesson learned thus far is keep them away from heat and sunlight. I have not had any trouble with the other suits, or figures being able to bend and stuff as you have asked so far. but real long term I can not answer that question just yet. I believe America Dream or MJ are the oldest ones so far about 2 years now? give or take. But at the moment still safe. I have 2 other figures almost finished with this process. Hope to have at least 1 done by next week. the other will be like 2/3 weeks away.
                            "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• daz71
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2014

it looks a bit like the stuff i used on my ms.marvel but that stuff wasn't stretchy and difficult to work with.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎